Color Shift with Nikon Z8 | Lightroom Plugin

Why are the colours so lurid in the image for editing? NEF files from Nikon Z8, imported directly and unprocessed from Lightroom.

Matt

How about posting a screenshot of what you’re seeing.

Screenshots attached. Same screen, no adjustments made. The RAW file colours are realistic and I would not make any adjustment to them, the Topaz are way out and even when saved they have been altered in Topaz to be more saturated.

1 Like

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Hi John

Files have been uploaded as requested. The Topaz.jpeg is the screenshot of the Topaz processing screen. NEF and XMP prior to processing, DNG processed image direct from Topaz without further editing

Regards

Matt

I was able to replicate this color shift on my machine. I have made a task for the team to investigate this further.

Would someone please help ? I have Z8 with firmware 2.0 and Topaz displayed very wrong color when processing and preview. While saving back to lightroom CC, everything looks fine.

Appreciate for any feedback.

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version, v2.4.2, to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the appropriate OS system link to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Hi john,
Thank you for your reply. I updated to latest version and still the same. My Mac is newly setup ( Ventura ) Mac studio M1 ultra.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

I’m gonna send you screenshots now! Please check your Dropbox.
As you can see in Screenshots, image’s color in LR CC was displayed totally different in Topaz AI. Saving the final edit back to lightroom and the processed image looks fine in Lightroom.

Thanks for sending in those file examples.

The Z8 color display issue is being investigated by our developers who are working diligently to correct this problem. It appears that the applicaitons is applying the wrong camera profile to the image when it’s imported which is changing the color rendering.

When the image is imported back to Lightroom Classic from Topaz Photo AI, it should be using the Camera Standard profile again to correct the color.

I passed this information to my team so we can work on a fix. For now, it’s frustrating, but the color in Topaz Photo AI will be inaccurate.

Let me know if that helps and if you have further questions about this.

Thank you John. Hope this issue will be fixed in the next update of Topaz AI. Its very uncomfortable to adjust images when color accuracy is way off.

1 Like

The color of Z8 NEF files are completely messed up.
Very disappointing that this was not fixed with version 3.0 :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi John.
Downloaded 3.0 version and the problem was not fixed…! Would you mind checking again ?

Same here… for this reason it’s basically unuseable.

Hi,
the new version generates a heavily tinted result in my Nikon Z8 photos, which cannot be correctefd in LR. I never use color correction, only denoise, sharpen and sometimes upscale.
I’ll upload a sample file (frank.lepper_colorTint.zip) to the Dropbox of John Sloan.
Regards Frank

When im working with RAW Files from my Z8 the preview is to saturated. The output File ie ok.
Im using Version PAI 2.1

Best Regards
Andreas

I have the same problem with my Z8. But when the file goes back to LR, the oversaturation continues.

1 Like

Same bug RAW Nikon Z 8 with Topaz 3.0.0
Very annoying - Topaz team, do you work on it?