Clarity Update (1.1) for Photoshop users?

Note it’s only free for those who already own the Clarity plugin.

Best regards

Yes, I understand that. But I paid for HSL already as did others who purchased the Pro Pack and many of them likely already had “Clarity the Plugin”. It seems to me I paid for the same adjustment twice. HSL was not expensive so I’m not going to make too much of a fuss. I really would like to know about “Precision Contrast” status. Should it be “blue” or “black”?

Perhaps I can clear up your confusion. The basic Topaz Studio is FREE!! so there is nothing to buy. And, if you already own the Clarity plugin the download of the Clarity package for Studio is also FREE.

As was stated earlier Topaz as a company has decided to take advantage of the newest technology and has created Topaz Studio to take advantage of this new technology. Moreover, I see TS as replacing Fusion Express which is both long in the tooth and was the only pathway into Clarity, Adjust, Lens Effects etc. The GREAT advantage is that they are able to do far more than they could do in their plug ins, all of which I own and have used to varying degrees.

Trust this is helpful

I’ve read through all of the dialog above and, I believe, no one has asked this question.

Why are the presets on the left side of the screen NOT in alphabetical order?

How so? It tells me I have to buy the Pro version to get it, even though I own Clarity. So it would appear I must pay first for Clarity, and then the same again for Precision Contrast, or if I take advantage of the Special, get Precision Contrast and HSL Color Tuning for about the same as I paid for Clarity.

Is this the way forward? Our regular filters will become outmoded and we must pay for them again to use inside Studio as our sole access to the updated filters? Just need to know what I will pay for, what I’ll quit using, as time goes on and the filters I bought will be as unsupported as those Nik filters I once bought.

1 Like

Fusion Express is required for Lightroom only. It is not required for Photoshop.

Yes, and if you install TS as a plugin to PS when you go to filters you can click on Clarity directly and it will open in Studio with all its functionality intact. Not the same interface as the plug in but with all the new features. I just tried it before responding to you.

I came back on here because my PS plugin for Topaz Studio no longer works at all, it crashed with version 1.1.8. Earlier versions worked, this version doesn’t (WIN 7). Clarity plugin works fine.
Getting tired of the whole thing, reminds me of the FX application fiasco. Personally, I’ll just stick with the plugins as long as I can. When they no longer work perhaps I’ll finally buy On1 and maybe, just maybe they’ll stop hounding me then.

Now this I like!
It seems to me that an awful lot of our collective angst could have been handled with just this one tip.
In short, there’s no need to open TS in Photoshop to access the new Clarity.
Thanks…

Please see my response above…

Certainly the Precision Contrast should be in blue. Did you run “Validate Plugins” from under the Help menu? The validate step will only work if you are using the same email address on both sites. It’s a limitation of the design, but if it doesn’t work just submit a ticket here:

1 Like

If you feel they should be in alphabetical order please place a technical support request at the link on the page header, remember some may like it in the order you see as it shows samples of the various different results rather than a purely alphabetical order which would list by name.

Did you follow the instructions in the email? Did you “Validate Plugins” from the Help menu?

Why would the regular filters become outmoded as they are still available in say Photoshop but under the Topaz Studio list instead of the Topaz Plugins list. AND you can run Studio as a Standalone, Plugin and from Lightroom.

Have you raised a technical support request? The link is on the site header above.

I will do that but, at the very least, there should be an option to sort by name.

1 Like

I agree … option on how to sort the presets would be wonderful.

1 Like

Did you follow the instructions in the email? Did you “Validate Plugins” from the Help menu?>

Yes. 5 times now. It always says Plug-ins Validated. It doesn’t do a thing for the Clarity adjustments. What it did do the first time is provide me with the Clarity Workflow, but not access to the Pro features of Precision Contrast and HSL Color Tuning.

Why would the regular filters become outmoded as they are still available in say Photoshop but under the Topaz Studio list instead of the Topaz Plugins list>

Only from what you said, which is quite reasonable, that the standalone plug-ins aren’t going to be updated because it’s too much to support both. So the Clarity through Studio was updated, but not the Clarity standalone.

You don’t have to update Clarity if you do not want to, and continue using Clarity 1.0. However, we will not be updating that version, so if or when it does eventually break, it will not be updated>

As for how many ways I can run Topaz, I really only want to run it through PS, whether going into Studio or going to the standalone plugin. I tried the LR workflow and intensely dislike it—not Topaz, the LR workflow when working with 3rd party plug-ins. As I said before, it really depends upon what I think I’ll need for future edits, and how I can work with both.

But in this case, I’m asking because I’m trying to find out what I should have from Clarity, and currently, I only have the full power of Clarity if I use the standalone version through PS, not if I go through Studio. What my screenshot showed you is what I get. I’ve run the update twice and it updated once. It also told me updates were available this morning when I went to close Studio, but then told me I was up to date after I said Update. So between updating and validating, I’m still only seeing the option to purchase the Pro version.

You can see that I have a few of the plug-ins now showing in the Plug-ins menu, so that can’t be the issue:

Make sure you put in a request too. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

We’re working on sorting options for Clarity in Studio :slight_smile:

As for the Validate Plugins process not working, please update to the latest version, and give it another try. We found and corrected a problem with the Clarity Validation process in v1.1.8.

This is an update to the plugins. Also, the Clarity plugin has never been standalone. Please understand that plugin and standalone represent different things:

• Plugin: requires a host editor
  • Standalone: runs on its own

Still entirely possible: Clarity in Studio | What’s the Same?: Use as Plugin

I just took a look at your account, and found the process did not work for you specifically. We’re looking into these reports, to get it fixed. I’ve sent you a PM with your new password, as I needed to reset it for you to make this happen. I have verified on my end that you have ownership of the two Adjustments (Precision Contrast & HSL Color Tuning).

Also, the Clarity plugin has never been standalone. Please understand that plugin and standalone represent different things:>

You’re right, of course. Bad choice of terms. I only meant “outside of Studio.” Singly, on it’s own, not in Fusion, etc.

It all works now. The fix you sent actually did fix it. Yay! Thanks.

1 Like