Brush problems

when masking brush is slow to respond and sticking, this is after I deleted topaz and downloaded again.
im using a Mac m1 computer and topaz was ok until version 2,is anyone else having this problem?

Please follow the instructions below to perform a clean install to better troubleshoot why you had this problem with Topaz Photo AI:

Start by clearing any previous plist files that are on your computer for Topaz Photo AI by following the steps in the link below:

Topaz Photo AI | plist Files Mac

After you have done this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Please also ensure that the Topaz Photo AI installer has all the proper settings in your system by going to your Mac System Settings > Privacy & Security tab and scrolling down to the security section. You will want to make sure you have 'App Store and identified developers ’ selected. Here is a video example:

Example of Proper System Preferences

Finally, rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

Let me know how that goes for you and I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Hi John

I had mention the same issue for 2.4.1 and its the same for 2.4.2. Am OK with 2.4.0. I had clean reinstall with no benefit. Also uptodate with all drivers.

I had mentioned the problem persists with 2.4.2 on my original report for 2.4.1 but not sure if you monitor older versions.

Thanks

Our developers are aware of this issue and I can assure you they are working on a fix for this in future updates. While they work to resolve this please continue to use v2.4.0.

Hi John

Thank you so much for your email and confirmation that the matter is in hand.

I wasn’t sure so that is why I contacted you again.

In appreciation.

M

1 Like

Hi John

Have updated to version 3.0.0

Sorry to say still same issue regarding lagging of brush on adding/removing parts of subject and that the movement of the brush is not smooth.

Pls confirm recipt of msg or if need to put this into a new feedback as a new version. Thanks

1 Like

Having the same issue on an M2 MacBook and an M1 Mini, both running v3.0.0

Thanks for reaching back out I wanted to let you know that our developers are still working on resolving this issue. I can assure you that they are actively working in order to resolve this issue for our users.