Block Artifacts

Running AI 2.4.1
I am getting block artifacts in images
They are visible in preview and after exporting
The stronger the sharpening the worse the artifacts are
I updated to this version a couple of weeks ago
But after going back to the batch processed images I have done in the previous version they were there as well

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]
2024-03-24-11-56-14.tzlog (894.3 KB)

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

Thanks John
Just uploaded the file
DxDiag Kirsten

Thanks for sending in that information.

I would like to see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem.

Please use the following link to update your driver: Intel | Driver Update

After the update, let’s try getting you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Use the link below to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Hi John

Have upgraded to latest software version and updated the intel graphics driver to 31.0.101.5382 and still getting artifacts

I have also run the software with no other programs running to see if that helps

It only seems to be showing up with the standard and strong options

I have attached images of each of the options used

Thanks

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Hi John
I have uploaded the pictures to dropbox with my name on the files
The grid is most visible in the sky section
Thanks
Kirsten

Thanks for sending in those files, my first go through with the example file you sent in I was not able to replicate these block artifacts you are reporting.

Can you send in a screenshot of the Selection tab of the Sharpen feature to get a better understanding of what areas of the image are being sharpened?

I’d like to see if changing your AI Processor will help with these block artifacts you are reporting. Please open Topaz Photo AI and then go to Preferences > General and set your AI Processor to GPU. After you have done this, run some tests and see if the artifacts are still present.

Hi John,

That seems to have fixed it.
Thanks for your help.

Kirsten

1 Like