Attempting to save larger or smaller file sizes in 2.4.1. (standalone)

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]
After bringing in similar dimension images, and enhancing, trying to save the files at approx 1mb proves frustrating. Firstly, when I change the quality, I don’t see accurate depictions of the outputed size, at least not usually (though sometimes) . Also another frustrating aspect of setting quality to achieve larger or smaller file sizes gives the same resultant file size from say 80 all the way through 88, and the same exact size output from 88-95. So I while I am aiming for a file size output at around one megabyle leaving me with an unacceptable range in which I can save my output. For example,
when I save a file for quality 80 through quality 88 my file output size is 666KB and when I save the same file with quality 88-95, Photo AI outputs the same size of 1.6MB. I am trying to save the darn file at around 1MB but I no matter what quality I pick, I can only output a file size of 666KB or 1.6MB. That won’t work for me as the project involves posting images on a website, I I need to generate multiple file sizes of the same image for an online photo gallery. And this inability to get the file sizes the right size and enhanced before I go back in and edit with various tools in photoshop and touch up the enhanced larger file in Photoshop is necessary. I am finding the results in Photo AI very good, and by the way, I am not finding that 2.4.1 is crashing, No, it generally seems well behaved. However this file size output issue is really causing a backlog as I am touching up and resizing hundreds of images, and having this problem of elarging the width to 3600px and ajusting the quality to achieve a file that is approx 1mb, is either not working at all (most of the time), or else, if I can get it save at the desired file size, it takes far too long to be allow for any daily productivity. I need quality settings to allow for a target file size of 1mb, and I don’t believe I had this problem several versions ago, but find that with the last few versions of the Photo AI I can no longer depend upon the quality setting to work to adjust the file size to the needed size for the online photo gallery project. Very very frustrating. It’s probably the only thing that keeps me from recommending this product. Please fix this.
Steps to reproduce issue:

1. open the file
  2. Run Autopilot
  3. set quality to 80
  4. save the file
    5 file output size is 666KB
  5. set quality to any number thru 87
  6. save the file
  7. get quality of 666 KB
  8. repeat with setting quality to 88
  9. save and get quality of 1.6MB
  10. try saving with quality of 94
  11. get quality of 1.6MB

Not sensitive enough to output a file size that I am looking for to then take into Photoshop and resize to the four other sizes I need. I need to enlarge and clean images before I create four other file sizes for my photo gallery. I am finding this terribly unreliable and have to then go use other file compression software on top of the work done in Photo AI and it because I never really know what is going to happen (even if all the photos very similar; same subject … with roughly the same dimensions and file sizes, and all are treated the same way … just setting all to 3600px and running autopilot and then saving), I have great difficulty in getting a uniform output size from all these similarly sized photos that are part of series (say a series of 28 photos that were taken with the same camera at the same time, and cropped to same initial dimensions). As I explained, the worst case scenario that is happening at the moment is that depite how I set the quality, my output file size is either 666KB or 1.6MB and I am looking for a file size that in between (1 MB).

I am not running as a plug-in. I am running Photo AI in stand alone mode.
As I said, Photo AI has not crashed at all. In fact, it has never crashed. I get no errors. Everything seems fine other than the fact that I can’t rely upon changing the quality of the ouput to alter the output file size, and that is very much something I need to rely upon. If there is a procedure that I have not grasped or omitted, I would be eager to know that. But I don’t actually see that I am doing something woring, and I do believe this issue is relatively new (not being able to depend on the file size or even depend upon the so called calculated file size this is suppose to show up correctly before I save the file. Yeah, frustrating. I believe in earlier versions that when saving a file, the preview of the file size size always used to show up accurately, and certainly don’t remember not getting an appropriate change in the file size when changing the numerical slider for quality of the output or when typing in a different number for in the box for quality. That’s not true any more.

Topaz Photo AI [v2.4.1] on [Mac Studio 32GB Sonoma 14.4]

Hi. This is R reporting back on the issue of saving larger and smaller files in 2.4.1. I have found that it is more consistantly working better, ie, the problem stated above occurs very much less IF I exit Photo AI and then restart the program each and every time I deal with a new photo! I’ll keep an eye on it to see if I can discover anything else that could be related can be observed. Wanted to get back to you because perhaps this might useful in solving the problem (assuming that one should need to exit the program each and every time one opens a new photo to enhance, correct?).

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try updating your application with the following link:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page