Assertion failed error on return to Lightroom

When I attempt to use Photo AI to process an image from a Lightroom Collection, upon returning I the the following:

1. The version of Photo AI you have

1. The bug / behavior you have encountered

Description and photo above.

1. Your system profile (Instructions for Mac ) or (Instructions for Windows )
  2. Your log files (Help > Open Log Folder within Photo AI)

How do I attach files? If necessary…

1. Any screenshots as necessary

See above.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1 Process photo with Topaz Photo AI FROM A COLLECTION.
  2. Step 2 On return, the error message shown above appears, and no pic is in collection.
  3. Step 3 Processed pic is available on the disk in the directory of the original file.

Winders 11, latest update

1 Like

i have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution ?

Thanks for reporting this. The RAW plugin for Topaz Photo AI currently does not import images to a collection. If you are using a collection, the file will import to catalog in the same location as the original image.

However, it looks like there is another error happening here where the file can’t be imported.

Is the location of the original image on an external drive or a cloud storage drive? Does this happen with all images, or even if you work from the original folder instead of a collection?

Well, that explains it. It does indeed put the processed file onto the hard drive where original photo is stored, so it IS working, it’s just giving me that cryptic error. Maybe, assuming you can’t fix it to work from Collections, you can change the error message to reflect what is actually happening. It was blind luck that I noticed it was working despite the error.

I do not think I get that error if working straight from the drive, but I do not have it open right now. It would be great if you could make it work, though, I’m sure I’m not alone when noting that my picture library on my drive is about as organized as an ACTUAL library, only after a tornado went through LOL…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.