Aion does not work/Memory Leak

No matter the export settings, no more than a few seconds of Aion footage can be produced, always resulting in soft crashes.
logsForSupport.zip (2.8 MB)

What are your system specs? It uses way more resources than the other models.

Edit: I just checked your logs. Your issue is “NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti VRAM: 7.83008 GB”. Refer to the comment by tony.topazlabs. In the linked post he says “Aion requires 12GB+ of VRAM to run at 100% memory limit, this will probably not change in the current version of the model.”

There’s a discussion about AION here:

1 Like

Interesting, in the past I ran the memory limit at 90%, so I assume there’s a system for running models on fractional allocation. I tried it and it didn’t work beyond previews, so on to using my CPU.
I’m sure it’ll take less time than a proper update.

I am having the same issue! I am also a Beta tester and the latest beta does not solve this either. I am on a M1 Max 64GB Sonoma 14.4.1. This is an ongoing issue and I am not sure why this is marked as resolved. There is not a solution I am aware of.

Yes, there’s not yet a TensorRT version, so the memory use isn’t optimized. It’s marked as “solved”, because the issue is for certain that I don’t have enough VRAM, and you can “fix” it by having more.

1 Like

Check “Low Power Mode” in settings. I had problems in the past in some renderings with aion and 4K videos and this check solves that. Previously a fresh install from dmg.

But it’s true that in recent versions I’ve no problem also with this check unset, but you could try. And there is no noticeable slowdown.

I don’t think this is a VRAM memory problem. The current versions of aion don’t use as much VRAM as the early ones where it was really critical. Now a lot of conventional memory is used, which in many cases ends up overflowing into shared memory on disk.

Is there anything I should know about enabling this setting in windows? Are there drawbacks to it?
Actually, Windows doesn’t have low power mode.

I keep the computer on performance and not allow it to switch to low power mode

I’m refering to this check in Topaz preferences:

I think is only for macos.