I just came across the following issue:
whenever I sharpen files (no matter which model I use, standard, lens blur…), I see green areas in the DNG created by Topaz Photo AI.
This seems to happen in all the “washed out” areas of the original photo.
I am using version 1.3.11. I already did a re-install today, which did not help.
Note: I installed and uninstalled Topaz VIDEO AI this morning. I don’t know whether this has any relevance.
Update: installed newest driver for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti. No change.
I am using Windows 11 Home, Adobe Lightroom Classic 12.4. And by the way: the green area is not caused by using the “show clipping” feature (Key J).
It still shows the same green areas when rendered with version Topaz Photo AI 1.3.12 (both in Lightroom Classic 12.4 and Camera Raw 15.4).
I just noticed that it does NOT show the green areas when browsing the images with the ordinary Windows Explorer:
Hence, this also might be a problem with Adobe Software.
Thanks for sharing this information. This is a known issue with Raw files that have overexposed sections.
When the overexposed sections are processed, the color shifts to green or yellow.
We are investigating this issue. If you have the file on hand, please upload to my Dropbox so I can reproduce this.
You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request
This is an issue with Topaz Photo AI, not Topaz Video AI or Adobe. The overexposed section does not appear in the preview, only in the actual Raw file.
Hi Lingyu, I uploaded the DNG as you requested.
I did a few more tests, and I have a strong suspicion, that this is an issue related to the camera body.
I use two camera bodies (my old Canon EOS 1000D and my newer one Canon EOS 80D - these are the European names, I think it’s called “Rebel” in the US), and whenever I sharpen photos taken by the old Canon EOS 1000D, I get these green artifacts. I do not get that kind of artefacts with the Canon EOS 80D. Two recent examples, taken at almost the same time, with two different bodies:
Canon EOS 80D:
Canon EOS 1000D:
Hope that helps.
That’s interesting. I’ll check with my team and see if this helps them fix the issue.
I just updated to version 2.0.0, and the issue does not seem to appear anymore