Adjust Lighting Error & Crash | MacOS M3

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1 load an image
  2. Step 2 go to enhancements
  3. Step 3 select adjust lighting

Topaz Photo AI [v1.2.4] on [Mac]

Please follow the instructions below to perform a clean install to better troubleshoot why you had this problem with Topaz Photo AI:

Start by clearing any previous plist files that are on your computer for Topaz Photo AI by following the steps in the link below:

Topaz Photo AI | plist Files Mac

After you have done this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Please also ensure that the Topaz Photo AI installer has all the proper settings in your system by going to your Mac System Settings > Privacy & Security tab and scrolling down to the security section. You will want to make sure you have 'App Store and identified developers ’ selected. Here is a video example:

Example of Proper System Preferences

Finally, rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

Let me know how that goes for you and I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

I will do as you suggest but it was brand new MacBook Air purchased 2 days previously and a new install from topaz.

I will go through your steps tomorrow

Robert Lakeland
Personal mail

Hello John S,
It is a MacBook Air less than a week old. I have followed your instructions and they made no difference. The only install other than migration assistant is Topaz Photo AI. I already had Topaz Faces AI which was installed by the migration assistant. I know about security settings and Photo AI runs perfectly except for this “Lighting Adjustment”. I have made a screen recording of an old photo that loads into Photo AI. I then go to add enhancements and 2 secs after I select it the programme crashes (quits). You suggested I reply to your email but it is a noreply email. How do I send you the screen recording?

See earlier comments. Here is a link to the screen recording

Hello John S,
It is a MacBook Air less than a week old. I have followed your instructions and they made no difference. The only install other than migration assistant is Topaz Photo AI. I already had Topaz Faces AI which was installed by the migration assistant. I know about security settings and Photo AI runs perfectly except for this “Lighting Adjustment”. I have made a screen recording of an old photo that loads into Photo AI. I then go to add enhancements and 2 secs after I select it the programme crashes (quits). You suggested I reply to your email but it is a noreply email. How do I send you the screen recording?

[

Screen Recording 2024-03-18 at 5.56.32 PM.mov
drive.google.com

drive_2020q4_32dp.png

](Screen Recording 2024-03-18 at 5.56.32 PM.mov - Google Drive)

2.4.1 crashes as soon as I hit the Adjust lighting button.
New Mackbookpro, new Topaz AI
… any thoughts?
lease describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Same happens here on version 2.4.0 (not updated yet). MacOs M3 iMac

Ive uploaded the logs for today, there is no CrashReporter log generated

2024-03-21-14-03-44.tzlog (23.8 KB)
2024-03-21-14-02-52.tzlog (109.5 KB)
lastSessionFiles.txt (49 Bytes)

Adjust lighting in 2.4.1 crashes Photo AI just like 2.4.0. My last communication with Topaz support indicates that they are working on a fix. Perhaps with 2.4.2. I also found that while 2.3.x does not crash, Adjust Lighting generates an error message when using an M3 Mac.

Every time I try to use adjust lighting Topaz Photo crashes to the desktop.

1. Open photo
  2. It does it’s thing.
  3. I select add adjustment, select Adjust lighting and crash

Topaz Photo AI [v2.4.1 on M3 Max MacBook Pro

Updating to Mac OS 14.4.1 does not solve this problem with the M3 MacBook Pros.

Still a problem with Topaz Photo AI 2.4.2.

1 Like

MacOS 14.4.1, Photo AI 2.4.2 & M3 processor: Adjust Lighting still causes app to crash.

1 Like

Enhancement “Adjust Lighting” crashes all time when using it with a jpg.

1. Step 1: open jpg with Photo AI
  2. Step 2: Add Enhancement “Adjust Lighting”
  3. Step 3: App closed itself during operation

Topaz Photo AI [v2.4.2] on Macbook Air M3

1 Like

Having the exact same issue. This happens using Topaz directly, or using from within Photoshop.

App crashes on Adjust Lighting enhancement

1. Step 1: Open image
  2. Step 2: AutoPilot adjustments are processed normally
  3. Step 3: Tried Adjust Lighting a number of times on the same image and on other images and each time the app would crash

Topaz Photo AI v2.4.2 on Mac

1 Like

I have the same problem.

1 Like

For version 2.4.2, the plugin crashes every time I add lighting effects to the noise reduction and/or sharpening processes.

1 Like

I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this crash in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Dropbox File Request

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response.

Here is my system profile…

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: Mac15,9

Model Number: Z1CM000MCLL/A

Chip: Apple M3 Max

Total Number of Cores: 16 (12 performance and 4 efficiency)

Memory: 64 GB

System Firmware Version: 10151.101.3

OS Loader Version: 10151.101.3

Serial Number (system): M7K0GPMKMT

Hardware UUID: CDA497C5-06B0-55A6-90B2-1D883AA322EB

Provisioning UDID: 00006031-000C60EA01B8001C

Activation Lock Status: Enabled

Here is the log file from the most recent crash…

Filter Plugin Log.txt (9 KB)