Adding Topaz plugins to Affinity Photo

I’m trying to add Topaz Denoise AI, Sharpen AI as a plug-in to Affinity Photo on a Mac running Catalina.

Not having much luck so far. I’ve watched a few tutorials but still can’t get any to run.

Is it a Catalina OS thing or am I doing something wrong?

Please use the search function to find what you are looking for before raising a thread.

OK Moderator Don, how does your reply help?

It doesn’t come close. I’m trying to add Topaz products as plug ins to Affinity Photo.

I’ve had it working a while back but it no longer works.

See the second post in the thread it will tell you how to add all the plugins. For Mac just search for Plugins in Help and then select Using plugins from the page and follow the instructions, Topaz plugins need to be installed manually:

I found this other article on the support website:

Using the info you sent I managed to get the plug-ins opening from Affinity Photo. Unfortunately there’s a problem with both Denoise and Sharpen. When I Apply the modification it closes the Topaz window but actually does nothing. Then it reopens the Topaz window. Terminal reports the following message.

Both Denoise and Sharpen work fine with Capture One on Catalina.

FYI I’m running an iMac on Catalina 10.15.

Last login: Sun Oct 27 12:38:16 on ttys000

XXXXX@XXXXX-iMac ~ % /Applications/Topaz\ DeNoise\ AI/Topaz\ DeNoise\ AI.app/Contents/MacOS/Topaz\ Denoise\ AI ; exit;

objc[629]: Class CVWindow is implemented in both /Applications/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.3.2.dylib (0x10996ee88) and /Applications/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.3.4.dylib (0x1051cc1a8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[629]: Class CVView is implemented in both /Applications/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.3.2.dylib (0x10996eeb0) and /Applications/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.3.4.dylib (0x1051cc1d0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[629]: Class CVSlider is implemented in both /Applications/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.3.2.dylib (0x10996eed8) and /Applications/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.3.4.dylib (0x1051cc1f8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

“----SSLVersion----Secure Transport, macOS 10.15”

[Process completed]

This Only with OS 10.15?

Mike you have a windows computer?

Nope. Sorry.

Hi Mike,

Just to be sure that you used the proper paths in Affinity Photo I post a screen shot for you!
Example:
/Applications/Topaz Sharpen AI/Topaz Sharpen AI.app/Contents/
You can change the path in the “Plugin Search Folder” by clicking “add” the panel opens and you have to do CMD + Shift + G now you can fill in the path etc.
Take a good look to my example screen shot! If all is similar it is a Catalina issue.

It’s not wise to just upgrade a OS on the Mac without checking if there are problems with the software you use!

I’m only going to upgrade when I’m a 100% sure it will all work and at the moment that’s not the case with Catalina.

Regards,

David

1 Like

I Am Diong The Same.

Affinity & Topaz plugins work fine, even in 2018 … 2019 and 2020. See the post by @AllMediaLab above. And also Make sure that you haven’t dragged a copy of the plugins into the default plugin folder for AP.

What is the range selection tool?

Please don’t post external links, use the up arrow to upload images.