Add Padlock Icon to Timeline Zoom to Stop Auto-Zoom

To me this is an issue. I preview long videos at different points in the timeline to see how it looks with different enhancements. Each time I click on the timeline, it automatically zooms to that spot.

I don’t want that. To me it is not a feature. It slows down my work because I have to un-Zoom the timeline every time I click on it. Then, it happens again. It’s maddening.

Please add a padlock icon next to the timeline slider to lock it. Keep the functionality of the magnifying glass icon, but when the padlock is clicked stop auto-Zooming.

Are you clicking the part of the timeline that is purple or the preview item in the list under it?

Thanks for your response.

Actually, none of the above. If I click anywhere on the timeline and preview a few seconds, then the timeline zoom slider automatically changes and the timeline is now zoomed. I do not want any change in the timeline zoom just because I decided to preview here or there.

I am suggesting a lock icon be added to the zoom slider. Clicking it would lock the zoom. If I then click on the timeline and preview a few seconds, it would NOT zoom the timeline.

If the padlock icon is not clicked the present behavior would be continued.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.