5.03 - extremely annoying bugs with the create preset dialog

When creating a new preset, when you go to check the ‘Include Preview & Export Settings’, the dialog disappears, saves the preset and the export settings are not saved! Furthermore, it changes the settings you had in the export options back to something else!

Also, if you have put any text in the ‘Name’ field, clicking anywhere else makes the dialog instantly disappear and saves the preset, without pressing ‘Create’.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Please fix these issues with the create preset dialog!

1 Like

Hi David, would you be able to screen record this behavior using a website such as loom for example so that I can send it over to our developer team to look into?

There are multiple reports of this so it should be easy to replicate, but here you are anyway:

Clip 1 - as soon as you check the the ‘Include Preview & Export Settings’ box the dialog disappears, the preset is created anyway and the export settings are not saved (trust me on that, I did not show the export settings, but they are NOT saved to the preset).

https://streamable.com/2v1xfe

Clip 2 - put any text in the ‘Name’ field, and if you click anywhere outside of the dialog box, the dialog disappears, the preset is created anyway and the export settings are not saved.

https://streamable.com/oy03ob

Thanks

1 Like

Export settings aren’t saved with preset settings, every time you import a new video and apply a preset, you have to change export settings again. a bit annoying… unless I’m missing something

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Moved another post here complaining about export settings not being saved to presets as well.

Hi David, the screen recordings are no longer available, however, we are aware of this bug and are working to resolve these issues in a future update.

When creating the initial preset, you need to make sure the “include preview & export settings” box is enabled

It’s impossible to do that because as part of this bug, the dialog disappears when you try to check that box!

1 Like

When creating a Preset and changing the Export Settings to ProRes and 422 Proxy then saving the new Preset (ensuring to check the Export Settings checkbox) it doesn’t save the ProRes setting but reverts it to MP4. I’ve tried deleting and re-creating the Preset and does the same thing.

Thanks for looking into this.

David

logsForSupport.zip (100.1 KB)

Combined this with an ongoing thread post from a previous version.

2 Likes