4.07 is worse than 4.04 which was worse than 4.0

What is going on - each subsequent upgrade is breaking more features & causing more unpredictability, without fixing the previous gen’s problems! I honestly don’t have the time to list all the functions that are breaking. I’m going to try to get V3 running on my machine as there is a consensus that that version was the best. This whole 4 gen that I started on is the most difficult, unpredictable software I’ve ever used in my 25-yrs of post production. I wish I could congratulate everyone on their success but my frustrations just keep escalating. Trying to get work done in a timely manner just isn’t possible. This post isn’t helpful but I literally cannot list the number of broken features at this point & have wasted days of work time.

2 Likes

Glad you acknowledge that. Most people post as if their problem is the only possible problem and therefore known by all.
Why not pick the main blocker and push for fixes to it?
Trust me. If you can list out all the gory details, it will become the easiest bug to work on—because Topaz developers will have the most information on it.

I found the title of this topic especially interesting because, for me, the user interface was not working well with TVAI 4.0.0. With 4.0.4, it was worse. It would crash every time I tried to replay a preview. But with TVAI 4.0.6 and 7, those crashes have gone away. I don’t think that the preview is showing me the processed video, but it’s not crashing. So I agree, it’s not usable still, but arguably 4.0.7 is better and not worse.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.