2.4.0 not working with Nikon Zf RAW monochrome files?

When I try to load a NEF file generated by a Nikon Zf Topaz AI starts analysing it but it get stuck when detecting noise and blur level or calculating auto-suggested values.
It works fine with NEF files from my Z8 and Zac.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Hello John,

I uploaded the RAW file and a screenshot with the settings. No processed image, since it is not ending the process.

Thanks a lot

OK, may be I found out something… It looks like the pictures shot with the B&W selector switched on are the one that are not processed.

This is a known issue that we are currently working on fixing.

In the meanwhile, I recommend this workaround:

1. Change the RAW file from monochrome to color.
  2. If working with the Lightroom plugin, use the Process with Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI.
  3. Convert the output color file back to monochrome.

Hello. You already solved the problem with the previous version…

After editing an image in Lightroom I tried to denoise and sharpen thru’ Photo AI. But when I tried to export back into lightroom I get “The file appears to be unsupported or damaged” on each image that has been imported from Photo AI. Only monochrome images so far.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
    convert the picture to monochrome in lightroom and edit
  2. Step 2
    Right click and Edit in Photo AI
  3. Step 3
    Do denoise and sharpening in Photo AI and save

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

“The file appears to be unsupported or damaged” using b&w on Topaz Photo AI 2.1.4

Steps to reproduce issue:

After editing a photo in Lightroom, I click “Edit in” Topaz Photo AI. I use Photo AI mostly for face recovery. It works correctly for all colored photos, and saves back into LR. However, if I try to edit in Photo AI with a b&w image and save it back to LR, I always get the error message from LR "“The file appears to be unsupported or damaged” and the photo preview is blank.

I can’t use Photo AI first and then make it b&w because Photo AI converts the image to a .tif, which doesn’t have all the photo information as the original and the edit looks worse.

Any ideas?

Topaz Photo AI [v2.1.4] on [Mac]

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.