1.3.2 creates a slightly curved band of colored lines extending across the image from left to right, near the bottom of the image.
- I’m using Windows 11, Lightroom, everything up to date, including graphics card driver.
- This band is shown in the PAI preview and appears in the output file.
- It happens when sending the Fuji RAF file to PAI from Lightroom (File > Plugin Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI). It does not happen when sending as a TIFF (context menu > Edit In > Topaz Photo AI).
- It happens with all graphics processor choices I have: Nvidia 4080, Intel, CPU.
- It happens when using the Normal denoise option. It does not happen when using the Strong denoise option. Sharpening does not make a difference. I have Recover Faces and Enhance Resolution turned off.
- It happens with horizontal images but not vertical images. This is very interesting: If I use exiftool to simply change the Orientation tag in the RAF file to vertical, then PAI works fine and the image comes out horizontal. Obviously that’s not a reasonable workaround.
- I tried some Nikon NEF files and did not see the problem. I didn’t try any other raw formats.
I can upload a full RAF file if needed.
DxDiag.txt (122.5 KB)
2023-05-02-11-08-51.tzlog (133.0 KB)
Thanks for reaching out. This is a known issue with the Raw Remove Noise Normal model. We will be updating the AI model to prevent this artifact in the next few months.
I’d like to reproduce this so I can share it with my team. Please send me the RAF file. You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request
For now, I would recommend using the Strong model at it’s lowest setting.
Hi Lingyu, thanks for your response. I’m out on a road trip now, but I’ll send a file to your Dropbox when I get home.
I just uploaded a Fuji RAF file named _0003486.RAF so you can replicate the artifact issue on Normal denoise mode.
@RonF Thanks for uploading the file but I was not able to reproduce the artifacts with the image of the door. Could you upload the original image shown in your screenshot that displays the horizontal lines?
Interesting! I guess we have a new data point. It had happened on all my horizontal pix before, but they were all landscape photos, not doors.
Anyway, I just uploaded the original one. File is 2023-04-14-0469.raf.
Thanks for sending the files. I was able to reproduce the line artifact with the waterfall image using the Raw Remove Noise - Normal model and documented it for my team. Switching to the Strong model did not cause this artifact.
We will be updating the Raw Remove Noise - Normal model this quarter so this should be fixed in the model within a few months.
I was not able to get any artifacts on the door image.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.