What has happened

What have you done, the older version was great and photos look terrific, this update is impossible photo look terrible and worse than the original photo, you need to revert to the previous version and then get this one right before re-issuing

2 Likes

If you would like to revert to any previous Topaz Photo AI version, you can find a list of previous installers at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Community Forums | Topaz Photo AI | Releases

We have updated our Topaz Labs Documentation page with some helpful information to help users familiarize themselves with the new workflow that I will link below.

Topaz Photo AI | Quick Start | App Basics

We would appreciate further feedback or comments about the current version, v2.4.1, and I would love to share them with our developers. This can give us more insight into what Topaz Photo AI is needed for and, ultimately, what direction we need to take to fulfill the needs of our users.

While it seems that people will complain all the time when something new is released, with the 2.4.1 UI this is really not the case. The team must accept that the reinvented version is a dead end, stop developing it and return to the previous codebase. Just stop listening to those people who redesigned the UI, they are biased.

The previous version was designed with usability in mind, while the new version is some typical fancy stuff, missing essential functionality, like turn on/off an effect, zoom level not sticking to the set value, and the need to give endlessly more clicks compared to earlier versions.

Recommending to downgrade is really bad. What do you think, people still have to pay for you, but use the old version from now on? Me included.

Please make software for your users, not for your own happiness!

1 Like

I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share these concerns with the developers. I can assure you that I have brought this up to the team and they are working to address these requests.

Your replies are disconnected from the specific concerns we are bringing up. I’ve gone through many emails with you myself, and I have read through these forums, and the themes are consistent: bad UI redesign, and bad results. It’s pretty arrogant of you to just repeat where we can find older versions or to upload sample images. Why doesn’t the Topaz team test a bunch of sample images similar to what we are having trouble with? Your answers amount to just kicking the can.

Because there are many others that support the new UI, are getting good results and like the direction Topaz is heading. Outside of these forums there is a lot of positive reviews of the updated application.

I normally do the majority of my post processing in lightroom or PS. Once I updated I tested an image in 2.4.2. The results are pretty good. Like you I own all the the Topaz applications and prefer not jumping from denoise to sharpen and back again if I need to tweak a select portion of an image. The same pertains to the old UI, I would have to save the image back into PS and then jump back into PAI to tweak the image. The work flow was fairly ineffective. Now I can just add a layer and complete images in a single pass.

This is maybe 3/4 minutes in 2.4.2 without any processing outside of Topaz. The updated UI is simply more effective for many and because of that they have no need to post in the forums. Well other then to try and convince Topaz not to go backwards.

Can some further enhancements be made, it would be great to be able to name a layer like we can in PS. That would save a couple clicks and further refine the layers panel. I have a wish list but for many the arrow is pointing up!

3 Likes