Wait! Say what?

At the very end of Hedley Spit on Pt. Monroe, there is a large grassy field. The field is strewn with driftwood and knee to waist high grass. If you look closely, you will see a half dozen or so Canadian Geese poking their heads above the grass keeping a wary eye on beach walkers such as ourselves. We’ve been walking to the end of spit almost every evening, rain or shine. As it turns out, there is also a flight pattern over the end of the point. A couple nights ago, I was fortunate enough to capture a pair of geese making their final approach as the sun was setting.

7 Likes
(Artisan-West) #2

We get a lot of them here in New Mexico as well. Nice shot.

(Mond) #3

Great shot. Geese are so talkative. We’ve a returning pair that nest on a pond nearby and overfly the house at dawn to go and feed.

Yes, very talkative. There is a significant number of them here in and around the spit. The talk back and forth from one end to the other. I love to hear them at night as I drift off to sleep.

1 Like
(John B) #5

Is there still the little store at the bottom of the hill before you head out to the beach houses? It was always a treat to visit it with a pocket of change for candy and a soda.

No, no store. Just expensive houses. There is a great garden supply, nursery, coffee shop at the intersection of Sunrise and Valley about 5 miles away called Bay Hay. I suspect it was there when you were here. It seems quite old.