Video Roadmap Update (Feb 2023)

OK, I’ve got to admit it, I’m getting older. LOL I have so many versions of Topaz, I don’t have any idea of which release is the latest. Is there any reason that when you release an upgrade, it doesn’t overwrite the previous version? I really don’t want to go through every version to find the latest. Any suggestions?

If you uprade via the program, that update clears the C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI directory completely before installing the new files.

You don’t have to download every version posted here to update.

Hi, Here’s my problem. Sorry, but I’m used to the new version overwriting the old one. But I seem to have all sorts of Topaz programs, and I can never find what I want when I need it.
And your reply doesn’t allow me to send you the screen shot of all the Topaz programs I have. Not good. Just remember, you may have a million customers that are aren’t happy with their failure rate, but when I’m trying to use the program and it doesn’t work, that’s a 100% failure for me.

Any suggestions?

Tnx

What exactly does the Duplicate Frames Threshold do? What is is the result of a setting of 0 versus 100? And what is the recommendation if I have choppy results with previous output? 0 or 10?

3 Likes

Indeed, it should have a specific explanation, according to my tests, it affects the range of replaced frames.

1 Like

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned processing progress feedback in CLI mode, which is very important for long videos.

1 Like

I agree a full explanation of replace duplicate frame threshold settings please.

2 Likes

I’m welcoming all the efforts being made and put into this version and future one’s so far!
Put I find it odd, that my 1 day old Mac Mini M2 base renders 3 sec. Video 4 times slower than a PC with RX 570 4GB
( I am referring to this channel for my verying analysis :grin: GPU speed Topaz Video Enhance AI - und GPU PCIe /VRAM Speed Test - Grafikkarten - Hackintosh-Forum - Deine Anlaufstelle für Hackintosh & mehr... )

My vids ran Yesterday all got around 1.2 frame per sec… regardless of the setting CPU or Apple M2 bound!!!

I think M2 GPU utilization falls behind quit obviously?!?:pleading_face:

x2
I own 1080 TI

What about AMD AI cores?..

2 Likes

While not perfect, I’d still like some integration with things that can improve faces like GFPGAN or codeformer. Again, these aren’t perfect, but they’re better than nothing, until a better solution is available.

4 Likes

For CLI processing I remove the “-nostats” so I can see the progress and fps etc.

I also find ffmpeg’s built-in suspend / resume very useful too for CLI processing.

Thanks.

Andy

I think this parameter should not be added by default, thanks for the reply.

1 Like

What is going on with the bugs that have been occurring since the v.2.x.x days that are still left unresolved?
There may be calls for shake support, fps changes, etc., but it is fatal that there are things that can cause the picture to break down as a picture.
I am frustrated that models such as Proteus have not been updated at all.

1 Like

If you are implementing face restoration, would this be accessable as a early alpha ? :slight_smile:
Face restoration would be a game changer !

2 Likes

I appreciate all the hard work you’re putting into this new version.
Tired of seeing people complain about the software.
Angry users your Anime and star trek upscales will be ok if it takes time to work out some bugs. lol

1 Like

Are there any plans to effectively remove watermarks from videos? Or is this just a step too far?

This would be a great feature.

1. Video quality models for upscaling and denoising. While true face restoration for video is currently infeasible, we’re exploring options to improve how natural faces appear when upscaled.
3 Likes

There are some companies who offer this option on the internets, but beyond potential ethical and legal implications, from the purely technical point of view, to be quite honest I was far from impressed what is currently on the market.

HitPaw Watermark Remover
AI Powered Image and Video Watermark Remover

If Topaz were to introduce such a feature, I would expect them to introduce something less niche and more widely applicable, like the “content aware fill” Adobe has, or “Object Remove” feature Blackmagic has, only much better. That would be quite useful.

Ideally something like Mocha Pro replace model, but automated and enhanced with AI.

1 Like