Video Enhance v2.6.4

Suraj already replied to you, already answered you about this, in your own topic about the V3 one month ago,

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/old-gui-v2-better/31340

why telling the same thing again and again for something you already got an answer and explanation ?
it is non sense ! please stop !

2 Likes

salut,je rĂ©pond en français dĂ©solĂ©, j’ai lu vĂŽtre poste mais j’ai pas trop le temps d’utiliser un traducteur. Mes condolĂ©ances. Pour l’amĂ©lioration de la qualitĂ© d’anciennes vidĂ©o, j’y connais beaucoup, ça fait 7 ans que je suis sur les rĂ©glages de mes vieilles vidĂ©os de famille d’il y’a 26 ans, issues de camĂ©scope analogique. j’ai trouvĂ© rĂ©cemment de trĂšs bons rĂ©glages, comme tu peux voir sur ces screenshots, notamment en ayant augmenter un peu la nettetĂ© avec un peu plus de dĂ©tails en gĂ©nĂ©ral tout en rĂ©duisant considĂ©rablement les bordures noires et sans artefacts dans les vidĂ©os, si tu veux des conseils 
 AprĂšs tout dĂ©pend de tes films, du bruit prĂ©sent si il n’est pas du tout le mĂȘme etc
 mais les rĂ©glages se peaufinent suivant les filtres :wink:

Salut @ssbroly tu as deja une source trĂ©s correcte sur tes videos (si tu nous montre le avant aprĂ©s) je vais jouer le traducteur (je suis pas parfait), si ça peut aider. les traducteurs automatique, c’est bien mais ça fait pas tout :slight_smile:

Here is the english translation of the reply of ssbroly about the Vhs Upscaling workflow requested / help asked to @natertotter75 :

"Hello, I’m answering in french, i saw your message, but i don’t have lot of time to use an english translator. i’m sorry.

To get better pictures on old videos, i know a lot about it
 i’m doing it since 7 years, working on settings on my old family 26 years old videos, taken with analog camera.
I found recently some great settings, like you can see on the screenshots, by adding a bit of sharpen and a bit more more details in overall, and at the same time, reducing a lot the black borders and artifacts in the videos, if you want some suggestions

after all, it’s depend of the quality of your source / tape / videos, the amount of noise / grain, especially if they are different between the videos, but settings can get better with finetuning them using filters."
End of translation. (for what it worth , sorry for the mistake.).

Have you logged in to your account within the application?

Does anyone have any experience with either an RTX 3050 or RX6600 with VEAI. I’m setting up a low power headless system from spare parts to do some light weight upscales. The difference in prices for those two gpu’s is only $20-30 apart now. I tried using my GTX 1660 super but it’s not a good experience. I’m a little spoiled with my other systems having a RTX 3060 and a RTX 3060ti. I know neither the 3050 or 6600 will match those for VEAI but the 1660 super is 4 to 5 times slower than the 3060 and runs much hotter.

Thanks

I’d appreciate any help at all. I did follow the recommendations and have been using the Dione Interlaced TV more, but it hasn’t been consistent. I’m running out of time. The video has all been compressed down to interlaced content. It looks ‘okay’ at best. Standard family VHS affair. Color correcting has helped a lot, but I’d be happier with a slight upgrade in terms of quality restoration.

avec mes paramÚtres ça donne ça: mieux vaut la télécharger pour la qualité originale.

https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZ2BhRZSBpvXstSbtfzJFE8WUSLdylHB8yX

rx 6600 at 18,000 fp16 will go as fast as the rtx 3060 ti in veia, rtx 3050 has 9,000 fp16 are the exact goal so it will go slower.

i’m actually trying a Quadro P5000 (Shadow Pc cloud computing, they changed the graphic card on my new account),I was dreaming it could go faster than the 1080 gtx i had until now on their offer, but it’s just doing it a bit.

I appreciate the reply but I’m looking for real info with actual VEAI usage. I have both an RTX 3060ti and a RTX 3060 and on specs the fp16 info has the 3060 33 percent slower than the 3060ti. I can tell you that in real use in VEAI the difference is only 2 to 3 percent and that is not due to the memory difference as the videos I normally work on only use 3 or 4 GB of video ram.

Speaking of Ram, while trying the P5000 Quadro, at first i put full usage Ai Memory in the preference, then, as the card has 16 Gb of Ram, i thought i could use 2 different VEAI Apps (as reported before) to render 2 videos at the same time, but unfortunatly i was getting a result worst than just running one VEAI at a time.
Just noticed that by just put the Ram Ai usage to 70% i was going 0.01 to 0.02ms faster

doing the same on my 1050ti make awful result lol.

Hopefully someone can provide some real world VEAI performance comparison between RX6600 & RTX3050. :grinning:

Base on FP16 (half) performance, RX6600 is around 18TFLOPS , while RTX3050 is only around 9TFLOPS. However, the RTX3050 Tensor Core performance (FP16) is around 36 TFLOPS.

Although developer repeatedly mention that VEAI support Nvidia Tensor Core, however in real world situation, we see little performance gain from Nvidia Tensor Core.

I found the same sort of action on both of my machines. I have set like you about 70 percent. While the 2 or 3 instances are slower than one the result total time to complete all videos is much faster than running one at a time. Also watch your CPU usage. If you have a lot of video ram then a large core CPU can handle many instances of VEAI.

With the RTX 3060 I can run more instances than the 3060Ti. The 3060 has 12GB where the 3060Ti only has 8GB. Once you saturate the Vram things slow up quickly with all instances. Windows starts using shared ram which so slow.

Hey !

Ok, I gave up on using 2 instances because of the immediate speed display per frame. so i’ll make a test and watch the final time of rendering displayed by VEAI (on mouse over on the video) to see if it’s help.

Actually I have an access to a machine with a Nvidia Quadro P5000, in power it’s close to a 1080 GTX (same Cuda Cores) but it has 16Gb of Ram. Unfortunatly, The Cpu is only an Intel Xeon E5-2667 with 4 cores, could measure that in term of power it’s not better than my i7-7700.

in the end, would you tell that the 3060 RTX because of the Extra ram and less expensive, worth it as good (for VEAI usage) as the 3060ti ?

I do a lot of VHS stuff.

If your footage was recorded in interlaced format, you can de-interlace with StaxRip (free) to QTGMC which gives the best quality for Topaz to work with. (YouTube videos online).

I then use Topaz VEAI using Proteus v3 to really bring out the detail. I have specific settings to minimize the scary faces/teeth syndrome. I then put this huge file into Vegas Pro to crop the bottom of the frame off to remove the VHS noise.

If there’s a scene where faces in the background don’t look good then I use Dione for that scene and join them all up in Vegas Pro. You can do your colour correction at the same time.

I’ve also had good results going from VHS to 720p Dione then from Dione to 1080p.

Best to do some quick tests with a small slip rather than rendering hours of footage.

If I have good quality video footage in 1080p from my Panasonic camcorder I use Dione only to bump it up to 4K. It looks seriously impressive.

3 Likes

With the current pricing yes. I was able to get both at the original EVGA pricing so the difference was only $70US and I do encoding and decoding with other programs while running VEAI, even some light gaming. This is where the 3060Ti beats the plain 3060. With these 2 cards you have to remember that they are 2 different GPU dies. The 3060Ti actually shares the same die as the 3070 and 3070Ti. But as a VEAI only card for the price the standard 3060 is a good workhorse.

Here is a side by side screenshot of the 3060Ti(left) and the 3060(right) running 854 to 1920 upscale. The difference is 0.01sec/frame. On a 90 minute video at 24 frames a second the 3060Ti will take 194.4 minutes to complete and the 3060 will take 211 minutes. Now here is the trick about multiple instances, if I need to process 3 videos but I can only do 2 let’s say on the 3060Ti and I can do 3 on the 3060 I will complete the total quicker even if the 3060 is running say 0.15 seconds per frame. It will complete all videos faster. The 3060 running 3 instances is in the last screenshot.

2 Likes

Thanks for these information ! i’ll try again two instances in the Quadro P5000 this afternoon and see if in the end, it’s ok. but processing a video yesterday 704x480->19220x1440 (if i remember correctly) was taking 0.68s/f+1.0s/f instead of 0.50f/s alone.

i just sold my zotac 3060 RTX, but plan to buy again one later once I fixed an issue" which was forbidding me to use the RTX. Certainly a Asus Dual or EVGA (not sure which one is more silent but they are tiny enough to be in my pc case (220mm max, not the Zotac = 224mm lol). but have to fix something first before trying all this.

Is QTGMC with “fast” preset the best quality?

absolutly not, i received help since then, to fix / try to fix this. but Fast is not the best quality preset at all but the issue was not related to this anyway.