Video Enhance v2.6.4

i don’t know since how many times you own or maybe use the trial of the 2.6.0, but i’m afraid that the files you use are not supported yet or not supported well. the video engine IO of VEAI will be completly redone soon and will support much more stuff, but from the list you give here, i’m really not sure, that it can do, (for now) what you ask. best is to maybe write to support or wait of a possible answer (he’s very busy lol) from the dev.

I own a copy. I understand the files are not supported, but I can tell that Topaz is using the ffmpeg encoder (Lavf58.20.100), and it actually does a good job with the data (with Artemis), I simply have to use ffmpeg to put the metadata back in that was stripped out. I don’t think it would be a huge task to simply keep the same color space metadata and write it out. (For example, employ ffprobe to capture the info that’s in the input stream and then add them back in while encoding the output stream).

let’s hope the dev will see your message here. or use the “request” feature inside VEAI. they actually work very hard on the software.

I have usually added extra sharpness to the video before or after running it through VEAI.

Sometimes I use Neat Video first as well to remove some noise artifacts that VEAI just makes worse.

1 Like

Video Enhance v2.6.1
First impression.
When running the installer not on behalf of the administrator, the installer shows a message
about the inability to create the folder “imageformats” in the directory:
“C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video Enhance AI”.
After restarting the installer on behalf of the administrator, the folder is created,
but a new message appears about the inability to create the “models” folder in the directory “C:\Users\abcde\AppData\Roaming\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video Enhance AI”.
After creating a folder with the same name manually, and restarting the installer, the installation completes successfully, but the program shortcut on the desktop and in “Programs” turns out to be damaged.
It has a white color without an icon, because it has an incorrect link to the startup file.
After fixing the shortcut manually, VEAI 2.6.1 starts without problems.

Added:
However, the “models” folder created in the directory “C:\Users\abcde\AppData\Roaming\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video Enhance AI” for some reason does not use by VEAI 2.6.1. VEAI 2.6.1 automatically connects models from the folder “C:\Users\abcde\AppData\Roaming\Topaz Labs LLC\Video Enhance AI”, created by the previous version VEAI 2.4

I have Windows 10 21H1 with the latest updates.

Downloaded and installed v2.6.1 without a problem (Windows 10) and it seems to run OK except I have the usual problem - on first run after install I get the “file not found or unable to write file” error message. Change to a different output folder and it works, then changing back to the original folder works too.

1 Like

Ah. You’re right. I forgot about this feature of the entire Topaz family of programs.
But I couldn’t even install the program, much less run it.

Never had that with VEAI or any of the other Topaz programs. I wonder what the trigger is.

It actually creates both…the Topaz and the non-Topaz folders, but the Topaz folder (which it SHOULD use) goes unused.

I think, in fact, this is the problem of different Windows installation options on different computers. Now I don’t have such a problem with any Topaz program, but there were problems before, then they disappeared themselves.

I wonder too - I only get it with VEAI.

hi, I do that too, with neat video well set, and about 40% in “mix” so that it keeps a maximum of detail

It probably has something to do with the access rights to files and directories for users and programs.

I just did a clean install and now I have the problem. I think this is because the dev tried to fix the duplicated folders and it got worse. The only issue is that the top level folder isn’t created before the imageformats folder is.

@suraj

New folder problem on a clean install. The “Topaz Video Enhance AI” folder under Program Files is not created at the start, so when the installer attempts to create the “imageformats” folder, it fails. This is repeatable, but only on a completely clean install with no VEAI folders remaining in “program files”. (This one isn’t a false alarm, LOL)!

msedge_2021-11-18_21-49-27

Update: That error is bypassed by installing “as administrator” but then more errors occur when it tries to create folders under appdata, even as admin.

I was getting exactly the same warning.
I also did a clean install, but the folder with the models is located on my separate SSD drive. The link to it probably remained in the registry.

1 Like

I feel sorry for any new user that gets this one. They simply can’t install it. I got around it eventually by creating the folders and telling it to ignore, but a new customer isn’t going to know how to do all that.

1 Like

Edit: Thank you lee.keels for the tip. I got 2.6.1 working. It’s great that I have it working, but between the crash while rendering and installer/upgrade issues… I’m not feeling warm and fuzzy. I’m going to give it another try before I return my order.

Just bought Video Enhance 2.6.0 a few days ago. It’s not been great. My PC crashed while rendering (and doing nothing else) 28 hours or so into a 3 day render. Today the update occurred. I used the in application updater and it popped up an error midway. Something about moving an uninstall file. I tried using the application but none of the buttons were responsive after I browsed to a video file to work with.
I uninstalled. Deleted c:/Program Files/Topaz Labs LLC
then rebooted. Then ran the installer for 2.6.1.
I get the following error:
“Error creating directory c:/Program Files/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Video Enhance AI/imageformats”
My options are Abort, Retry or Ignore. I’ve tried all 3. Abort just stops the installation. Retry immediately pops open the same dialog. Ignore presents me with a new directory that it couldn’t create.

Is it possible to re download the older version? Sadly I deleted the installer I used the other day.

1 Like

To get this version running, you’ll need to run the installer as administrator. Then you’ll get a different error about the models folder. Look at the path and create “models” where it wants it, then click “ignore”. This will get 2.6.1 up and running for you, or you can look at the top of this thread and download 2.6.0 which does not have all these folder creation issues.

1 Like

Just run the installer again, it should fix itself.