Video Enhance AI v2.3.0

for some reason im getting a lot of “unable to load selected models” if i go above 200%, with basically all the artemis models, sometimes it works but most of the time is busted. v2.3.0 btw. anyone else have this? im using the downloadable trail btw.

Can you send me your logs?

Are you saying that size matters? :roll_eyes:

(Windows 10) Try to move your taskbar to the left vertical side of a desktop. Maximize VEAI and close it. Re-launch VEAI. ??? Pwnd! Why does it not remember window position after all these years of training all these models?! :wink:

1 Like

2021-07-07-16-17-4-Main.tzlog (80.4 KB)

Seeing that too. It extracts the frames differently to VLC as well, much more compression artefact (see my posts above). You’re better off using a tool to extract to lossless frames beforehand then importing them. I then export as lossless frames.

1 Like

Hi just to be sure that these “numbers” are normal.

Here I7-7700 (using HD 630 iGpu Vino), 32 Gb Ram.

Trying for the first time FPS conversion on a 205 clip : ETA : 2hours 7mn
20.23 s/frames.

original clip : 1080p , fps : 12.3 to convert to 23.976

normal ?

same clip with GTX 750ti around 4.75 s/frames.

Guys if anyone can help me, thank you in advance for your help :).

I did a test with Proteus using deinterlacing on Hybrid with QTGMC, I got a good definition, but not as good as on Dione Interlaced Robust V4, but it solved a problem I found in the resulting video from DIR V4, which is a shake on the video image at some points, and here I present one that was very glaring, almost impossible for anyone to notice, see video: Yanni - Tribute (1997 480i DVD to 1080p TVEAI 1440x1080 by Druid 20121)_004.mkv with DIR V4 in comparison with the video Yanni - Tribute (1997 DVD-9 720 x480)_0004_QTGMC_2.27x_1440x1080_prob-1.mkv with Proteus, see how the TRUNKS tremble with the movements and even get distorted in DIR V4.

But the final quality with the parameters I used in Proteus, see image ProteusParameters.jpg, still have what I call a comb or aliasing effect (as no one presented images about the effects, I don’t know if I’m expressing the problem correctly), even the image being in progressive with QTGMC, see video: Yanni - Tribute (1997 480i DVD to 1080p TVEAI 1440x1080 by Druid 20121)_003.mkv with DIR V4 compared to Yanni - Tribute (1997 DVD-9 720x480)_0003_QTGMC_2.27x_1440x1080_prob -1.mkv with Proteus, notice that in Proteus, in addition to having a lower definition of the Taj Mahal monument than DIR V4, in the movement of the cameras you can notice the comb and/or serrated effect (?) which time appears and time disappears , different from the one I presented above using the video interlaced with Proteus as a source, which presents the comb and/or aliasing effect all the time.

Here are the videos with the original 480i interlaced and the ultimate 1080p DIR V4:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UTV3CMdZ7sR8GpOzLlEJNmZsIuJaYs9V?usp=sharing

And here are the videos with the original 480p progressive with QTGMC and the final 1080p Proteus with the image containing the parameters I used:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17v6GxD5ZpQglICgtpDmPTB3r6R8oVbBS?usp=sharing

If someone knows how I can improve the final result of Proteus, changing the parameters to get a result equal to or better than the DIR V4 without the jitters will be excellent, because it seems that Proteus if well understood and used, can even replace all other models , I think.

If you could also point out any other errors that you noticed, in the videos, both in the final result of DIR V4 and Proteus, you can also comment and, if possible, guide how to solve or improve them.

Att.

Druid®.

I can also confirm what other customers said about chronos stretching the length of footage. I tried to use a 24 minutes and 34 seconds episode that was 30 fps and increase the fps to 60 and the result was 28 minutes long and due to that the audio can’t sync properly. I must mention the quality was great. I also would like to note that I used flowframes on the same footage did not have that issue at all. I do not have the log to send it to developers but I wanted to share what happened. Thank you for hard work regardless.

I believe that Proteus is not yet good enough to generate the fine details of DIR v4. I am hoping it will get better in the next version. I tried to do my own rendering of QTGMC and Proteus settings with one of your clips, and I could not do much better.

My QTGMC file was cleaner though, see attached.

https://we.tl/t-3limQfqIhh

2 Likes

I believe you, but it’s weird. Would be interesting to compare the final frame count with the original, as 60 fps, by itself, should not matter. Should only be an issue if total frames isnt exactly doubled.

1 Like

But friend Johnnystar, your work with Proteus was very good, you reached 99% of DIR V4 at first glance, could you give me an image with the parameters used or the values of each one you used in Proteus ai and in QTGMC of Hybrid ?

Why didn’t you Upscaling to 1440:1080?

What do you mean your parameters got cleaner in QTGMC? I thought everyone used it without other Hybrid parameters, just using the defaults?

Att.

Druid®.

Do you have any idea how Chronos behaves if the input and output are both an image series?

Something I’ve noticed on this release:

DVD → 4K (Dione Robust v4)

Previous release = 4hrs
This release = 10hrs

Same prefs and model, don’t know why. Tried a few times.

The fact we import a video with audio it should output the improved up scaled image with the original audio.

We have to demux the audio then remux it after, surely topaz could do this?

1 Like

I really like this new version and the two new models.

It would be awesome if it was easier for Chronos to change the FPS of a video without changing the playback speed, thus smoothing out some footage.

However, in some instances the original footage is actually slower than the video file it is captured in. For example, I captured analog Super-8 footage at… I dunno, 14 or 18 fps, but I captured it on a DV device at 25 fps.

How would I tune the DV file down to the “native” playback speed?

The rest of us laid down this battle months ago. When it comes, it comes. For now, external.

No, the file I have posted is only QTGMC with Hybrid. No Proteus.

You can take this file and run it through Proteus, if you like.

Yes, they can. In fact, that function worked in an earlier beta version and then was scrapped. I’d be interested to know what is crippling development of this.

Certainly reported before but found a bug :
the select all is “checked” by default when starting VEAI.
so let’s tell that we import 5 videos, 4 must be encoded in Full HD 1920x1080 and one in 1440x1080. using artemis LQ for the 4th videos, and artemis HQ for the last one.

if we uncheck the “select all”, it still say that “5 videos are selected”. we only notice it’s a problem, when we start to crop or edit one video and notice that everything is “copied” on all the other videos, making the setting we did for the other videos erased by the last one.

we must check uncheck, check and uncheck the select all button until we’re sure the message “no video selected” is displayed.