Video Enhance AI v2.1.1

Holy shit, you guys are awesome, thanks for implementing split view :hugs:

2 Likes

Same problem here. Not using batch process, First video after opening program is fine, all future videos will not save audio. Must close and reopen the program for each video.

1 Like

I would say M1 performs very decently considering VE AI is running with Rosetta 2 translation. A comparison I can offer is my Mac Mini M1 (16GB RAM) takes twice the time to process a video in comparison with my main machine (Core i7-10700F/RTX 2070 Super/16GB RAM). I just ran the test on a 17mm video at 360p with Artemis Medium Quality v12. Larger videos might be more challenged for M1 due to less memory available, I would have to run more comparison.

If you look at FPS processed per Watt consumed, M1 wins hands-down! Rough calculation is my main system would consume 10x the power of the M1, so cost of processing would be 5x of that of the M1. Again this is a very rough estimate!

This could be a good argument to compile a native M1 version.

1. Even if itā€™s slower that a dedicated graphics card, itā€™s much more power efficient.
  2. M1 is the first of a series of chips designed by Apple, one would expect future chips (M1X, M2?) to be even better
  3. Itā€™s getting really difficult to get a decent dedicated graphics card at MSRP.

On a side note I donā€™t know what efficiency you would gain with a M1-native version. Would love to be able to run some comparison with a dev-buildā€¦

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

This is similar to the problem I reported a few hours ago. I found that if you switch audio ā€œoffā€ for the subsequent video(s), contrary to common sense, the audio then works.

Hi, Just started using Video Enhance and it is (finally) exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for to upgrade my video quality. - Great implementation! This is what AIā€™s potential was intended for. There are a lot of so-called ā€œAIā€ powered apps out there that manage to miss its potential entirely.

One request for new functionality (when you get to it) would be the ability to save more configurations than just the default. It may sound picky, but I have found that using two different filters sucessively on the same video will actually provide the best enhancement for a lot of the stuff Iā€™m doing. - Iā€™d like to be able to save my settings as ā€œPurge and Sharpen step 1ā€ and then ā€œPurge and Sharpen step 2ā€ so I can recall them and run them sequentially.

Profound thanks!

PDWhite

I will try that when I get a chance. Running an enhancement now that will take 1 day and 13 hours moreā€¦

This application makes a great progress. When I begun using it the mode I liked the most was Gaia HQ, shortly after Gaia CG, recently Artemies LQ and now it is Artemies strong De-Halo. :slight_smile:

thank you domdom

After all this time, I am using more and more Artemis. Version 12 is amazing and is getting closer to Gaia in terms of quality. Will there be any improvements to the Gaia model in the next versions?

@taylor.bishop the CLI model selection is still not resolved, unfortunately.

While the GUI now shows the model I selected from the CLI, it is not actually using that model. To reproduce:

1. Launch app and set default model to Gaia-HQ. Close app.
  2. Launch from CLI with another model (my case was Artmemis Medium Quality)
  3. GUI shows Artemis Medium Quality, but encoding time is 2.1 seconds/frame which is consistent with Gaia HQ on my 1050ti
  4. Click Cancel. Change to any other model through GUI. Change back to Artemis Medium Quality.
  5. Click start. Encoding time is now approx 0.7 sec/frame, consistent with Artemis Medium Quality
1 Like

Can someone please explain the new dehalo models to me? Every time I try them, they just produce a picture which looks like there are 2 frames laying over each other with one slight transparent. I have tried progressive media with artemis models and interlaced media with dione models and at no time I would say the frames got better.

Thanks in advance!

Same here. If dehalo means removing the oversharpened ā€œwhite halosā€ around the edges. I havenā€™t been able to remove any. Only thing it adds is a nice glamour glow which would fit nicely to wedding videos. Iā€™m not in wedding video business. So, I have no use for dehalo models.

My suggestions to VEAI team: Add max. pixel width to oversharpened parts.

The name ā€œdehaloā€ may not be the most appropriate. I would rather have used ā€œdeBlurā€ or ā€œunBlurā€. It would be nice for a guy from Team Topaz to confirm.

According to my tests, there are the same problems in the DIONE models as described by me in the previous beta releases:

• Horizontal lines jump
  • Audio is out of sync after upscaling
  • Some scenes have streaks in the picture

From my point of view there is no progress here.

There is no longer a ā€˜glamour glowā€™ in Artemis Dehalo in this version. They seem to have fixed it. Works quite well in my opinion.

1 Like

Hmm, I donā€™t get that effect. For me, the new Artemis Dehalo and Strong Dehalo work quite nicely. I was surprised.

1 Like

Yes,
Artemis Strong Dehalo does an excellent job. I am trying to restore my old 1964 Super 8 which has chemical alterations (time has done its work ā€¦ see the arrows).
It will remain to redo a white balance and others but already the cleaning and the ā€œunblurā€ is good. :smiley:

2 Likes

Do you mind posting a step-by-step on how to reproduce the problem? I ran through a few different scenarios and am unable to reproduce this.

Iā€™ve been able to verify this and have it fixed locally, will have it out soon in a small update.

Hopefully this is the last of the model selection issues with the CLI :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Text is garbled on this new update when used on an M1 Mac Mini 16GB. Was fine (and worked great too!) with previous build.

1 Like