Video Enhance AI v2.1.1

Il n’yYaPluKA :smiley:

yes ^^

20H2 has been available to everyone since October of 2020.

21H1 will be available later this month or in May.

I have to check once again upscaling my 480p clips by means of AA9 and GC models (directly to 1080p) and two-step option (GC cleaning at 100% and then upscaling by Artemis HQ11). I shall share the results.

Thanks.

I did exactly what you suggested, but the “new models” don’t appear in the model dropdown bar.
Is there something else I am missing?

Are new Artemis models better than current ones?

Protip: VEAI can only upscale 2x or 4x, and 1080p from 480p (225%) is a naive upscale from 2x. So you will get better results going 4x (1920p) from 480p, and then downscaling to 1080p yourself.

Thank you. So it does not make any sens to set 225%? I thought that one can set precisely how much to upscale…going to 1920p will produce large files…:frowning:

Yeah, I submitted a feature request to let users control the behaviour (downscale from nearest factor or upscale from nearest factor) but currently the best you can do is upscale to a 1920p ProRes temp file and then produce your final 1080p file from that. Big (external) hard drives are cheap now, and strangely enough not subject to pandemic shortages!

1 Like

I have just checked, I can set in sizing HD 1920x1080p and it scales up to it. I do not have to set manually x225%. Yes, disks are cheap.

The best Artemis models are the ones that give you the best results. It’s subjective. For me, Artemis v9 are still the best so far.

Yes ! an intergrated downscaler would be epic ! so we don’t have to downscale a bad 1080p video to 480p and then process it

2 Likes

Is it normal that these V13’s take A LOT longer to process than their previous versions?

Completely agree. I hope that is the goal for the future. Essentially you want AI to do the heavy lifting but don’t take away the fine tuning.

1 Like

Hi,

Review the advice given today. I did a test again with your butterfly clip

1. Original clip with Artemis AAA-9 at 400%
  2. take the result AAA-9 with Artemis HQ 11 to HD. Ok the VEAI downscale is not optimized in terms of speed …but good.

You get a clip without aliasing and flickering (as much as possible) that is nice to watch.

I haven’t found any v13 mode in the beta 2.1.1 and no newer beta?!

Some people have found a way to download models that have not been released yet. Tsk, tsk.

Im sure they will fix that with the first paid update :wink:

I don’t know if someone already mentioned this but VEAI doesn’t unload the last used video so i cant’ delete it without closing the program.

They will work correctly WHEN THE BETA IS RELEASED.