Video Enhance AI v2.0.0

Here… Sharpen AI v3.0 - #12 by topaz-127219

Many thanks
Carlito and apologies again for posting in the wrong place

Regards

SteveL

1 Like

Thank you. So GAIA HQ is the best to retain original detail and upscale. I have done only a few comparisons and it seemed GAIA produced better output without artefacts. In the case of Artemis HQ the model introduced some artefacts. But I have very limited experience with Full HD upscaling so shall check a few more clips, for instance recorded using tripod. The drawback of GAIA is speed, one has to have really very fast workstation. By the way, have you compared GAIA or Artemis HQ with what a 4K TV set can do? I wonder if there is clear difference.

I must check on a few more clips how these two model compare with each other.

Thank you. Is it better method than upscaling by Artemis LQ? Artemis MQ introduces very strange artefacts.

Actually, Artemis LQ/MQ v11 has more halo effects which was fixed on v12. Still, I have yet tested. I will give further feedback later when I used them for a while.

You meant GAIA CG or Artemis AA for cleaning only as a first step and then upscaling to for instance 1080p?

I see. I forgot to mention I use 1.90 version with Artemis V10. When I have read about problems with halo effects, I have not upgraded.

Yes, that’s the best way to work on poor source inputs.

V.2.1.0 will fix it. Halo effects turned out to be…a feature. Surprise!!

Do you see clear benefits of new version vs 1.90? Is there anything that has worked better in older version. Based on some other upgrades, many previous versions are better…

I think Artemis HQ and Gaia HQ works a bit beter on 2.1.0. On version 2.0.0, these 2 were not so good.

So it means that it is worth upgrading. What about cleaning by AA or CG ? If GAIA works better, and AA and CG are at least the same (hope not worse) then upgrade makes sens.
I have another question. I have some full HD PF25 footage (MTS files) and some of them are noisy. What do you recommend to use to clean them only?

Gaia CG

Thank you. I must check and compare with Artemis MQ and HQ. I used to use AMQ and AHQ for cleaning and it was ok.

I think denoising /deblocking at 100% give much better results in the case of Artemis MQ/HQ vs CG. CG still leaves a lot of noise. So for such tasks, Artemis is to go. Check if you have full HD footage with noise. The results are very good indeed. Automatically. I wonder if 2.1 version is also such efective.

I’m having a strange problem with this software. I ran this against a 22 minute animated TV episode, and the output was 19 HOURS long! A 29 second test clip was 12 minutes. I’ve tried this with all the Dione models and Artemis Low Quality with both MP4 and MOV outputs. The results are always the same.

I have a 3080 GPU, and this is enabled in the settings. I’m running Windows 10, 64 GB of RAM, with a 5950x AMD processor, so I wouldn’t imagine this is a hardware issue? Thanks!

I’m having a strange problem with this software. I ran this against a 22 minute animated TV episode, and the output was 19 HOURS long! A 29 second test clip was 12 minutes. I’ve tried this with all the Dione models and Artemis Low Quality with both MP4 and MOV outputs. The results are always the same.

I believe this is related to a product issue we’re currently exploring. Would you be able to upload that 29 second test clip here for us to review? Thanks!

Feel free to PM me or post in the latest release thread if you have any other questions / comments. Thanks!

Hi all,

A new version has been released. You can find the release thread here.

Thanks!