Video Enhance AI v1.7.1

I have the same problem!
I can confirm that it doesn’t work with Video Enhance AI .
It works well on Gigapixel : it remembers the last size of the program window.
But every time you open Video Enhance AI it doesn’t starts full screen : you have to click on the the little square to make it truly full screen (it’s not maximized it’s in restored state: it can look like a fullscreen but there is a little gap)
I don’t understand why it works on Gigapixel and not on Video Enhance AI…

I had not noticed the full-screen issue before (likely because I didn’t care) but I see it is true. VEAI stores Height and Width, but not window state. Gigapixel stores height, width, and state at closing in a registry entry tlMain_visibilty (sic). 2 is normal restored, 4 is full screen, and 3 is minimized, although if 3 is seen it does not open minimized.

Hi,

I was looking at power consumption and I noticed that the load do very high switch between no load and high load, is it safe for PSU ? so much switching.

Isnt possible to do more work on parallel to avoid this ?

Example : https://rehost.diberie.com/Picture/Get/f/32693

I hope they do not make it open full screen every time, but rather recall your last size used. I run a 4K display and I have little need for it to be full size when it opens. Or even a setting to support those that want it. basically, make it user choice please.

I’m having constant crashes. I sometimes get a pop-up that says “cvidapps has stopped working.” Most times the program crashes and all I have is a partially completed file. I have not been able to finish a file since 1.5.2, which I stopped using due to an audio sync issue. I keep waiting for the problem to be fixed but to no avail. The last version that has worked for me is 1.4.2. I always save to the MP4 format. On another computer, I’m having the same issue but now I can’t even get the program to run at all. I click in the button and nothing happens.

1 Like

Did the UI font size change in this release?

I use a 4K monitor and have to have the window roughly the size of a 1080 window, as any smaller and the text will over run and cannot be seen in all the input boxes.

The font in the UI is larger than the scaling that windows is set to :confused:

did you write to the support ?
I’m on 1.6.1 and never got such issue. whats your hardware / OS ? any similarity between your two machines ?

My main machine is has a ryzen 3900x and a 2080 super. My other machine is a 4770k and a 1660 super. Both are running Windows 10.

1.70 sucks but 1.7.1 is awesome they finally brought back the old gaia that looks like an actual upscale and it has the speed. 1.7.1 is the best one so far. i can finally get rid of 1.6.1. I still want faster speed but this is definitely an improvement. is it possible that you all can optimize the software so it also can worker faster on the amd 3950x cpu and amd 5950 cpu since those have threadrippers

1 Like

This AI run on high GPU only?
I have AMD RX 460, and I have all AI software, except this, because shock my hardware (turn to black screen). Ok, converting will slow, but I cannot use now. I will not buy this AI while cannot use on my hardware. (I installed trial version now.)

1 Like

Any ETA on the deinterlacing feature ?

I would have the same hope, but that is not being asked for, so I wouldn’t worry. As it is, VEAI opens however it was when you closed it, EXCEPT full screen. If you are full screen and close it, it opens almost full screen, but not quite. Gigapixel in the same circumstances honors the last, full-screen, size.

Hi Caltor
I had the same problems but finally worked it out, you have to go into your computers settings, then choose Power & Sleep and & you will see Screen & Sleep which are both set to 3 hours & click on both and choose Never

I already have both of my machines set to not go to sleep.

I want multi GPU support. How far is that admin?

Technically speaking, if it is slow, makes more job, if it is fast, not works much, unless & otherwise bug

I ask if is possible add mkv format for exporting video and choose the codec (h.264 / h.265).

Apart this the ouput don’t copy the audio but only the video (If for example I need to upscale a movie I need to copy the audio manually with external tool).

1 Like

NICE! :smiley:

BAD! :sweat:
I’m sticking with 1.6.1 because of that

I hope in the next update it will regain that good quality, or maybe better.
Also, I believe it is not using tensor cores on RTX cards? I coudn’t get nvProfile to work properly but as fas as I managed to get it to work it seems it is not using the Tensor Cores.

Regression:

• –scale command line option is now ignored with 1.7.1

If it has changed to something else, the documentation hasn’t been updated. It was working with 1.7.0.

I am unable to use 1.6.1 with my GTX3080, and certainly miss the quality of Gaia-CG from that release. It would be great if you could just add new models instead of replacing them.

Version 1.7.1 not works optimally. It chooses CPU instead of GPU at my desktop with double cpu based x99 with Xeon E5-2678’s with a GTX 780 Ti. Moreover at my notebook with GTX 1050 it can not efficiently run at full GPU load. Only %60 the program utilizes.

1.7.1 is very problematic…