Video Enhance AI v1.7.0

No, known issue with 1.7. Still being worked on.

Thank you for the answer!

I see.
Thanks for the reply.

I was a little disappointed with this change as I liked the features of the previous model.

I can confirm that it works pretty well with the RTX 3070 and RTX 3080. Artemis HQ produces some really weird artifacts and, overall, a lower quality than Gaia HQ - I don’t know if it’s GPU or video related. Gaia HQ and CG work very fast (~0.13 sec/frame on the RTX 3070 and ~0.08 sec/frame on the RTX 3080 - video from 480p to 1080p).

1 Like

Going forward, a trick worth doing is to make a copy of your models folder before upgrading to a new version, then if you like the old model better copy the related .json and .tz files into your new model folder. The installer will probably wipe them out if you haven’t copied them. You can actually have more than one CG model, for example, at the same time and multiples will show up in the program for selection. The new use of V numbers makes it easy to see what is what.

1 Like

This may work in the future but trying with old models and it throws an AI Engine failure.

My big crash since v1.1.1 looks gone! :hugs: thanks for this version
The only problem that I’ve seen is gaia-cg looks a little worse.
Does this program requires windows pro or something?
Because for example i tried 1.6.1 in pro it didn’t crash on same computer but it was crashing on windows home.
Anyway this version doesn’t seem to crash on my side for now so thanks again :blush:

1 Like

Note the first two words of my post: Going forward

What’s the difference between Gaia HQ and Artemis HQ if they are both for upscaling HQ video? I thought Gaia was for the best quality input and Artemis was for slightly poorer quality, but the descriptions make them sound the same.

Also, how the hell have they managed a 100% increase in performance? My frames per seconds have doubled.

Think it’s going to be a deinterlacing feature soon ?

1 Like

What is your GPU ? In my case performance has dramatically decreased no matter what model used with a GTX 1080Ti. So I will get for now sticked with v1.5.1. But since I exclusively use GAIA models and still images outputs it doesn’t change that much because GAIA-HQ is exactly the same in V 1.7 and GAIA-CG has even downgrade in quality.

Artemis-HQ produces output with much less “detail flickery”, or so call motion consistent. Gaia-HQ tends to produce a more detailed texture. However, it depends a lot on input video, so try them and choose whichever works the best.

Thanks for the feedback. Artemis model is still under improvement. If you post some screenshot to explain the problem, it will be really helpful.

2080 Ti has tensor cores too.

Some comments on 1.7.0:

1. Greatly improved speed (around 2x for my RTX 2070)
  2. Still has instability issues (already had a crash today after 10 hours :frowning: )
  3. Artemis still gives weird artifacts and lower quality compared to Gaia, but they get around the same encoding speed
  4. I really dislike the “CRF” setting slide. I rather set bitrate as it is straighfoward what it means. I need to play A LOT with the CRF slide to get image/quality × size I want. With bitrate I usually have to try only 2-3 times to get what I want.
1 Like

It depends which AMD GPU you have but a couple of users with RX 590 and Vega 64 have reported speeds which are quite competitive with Nvidia 20 series.

CRF 17 is visually lossless but creates big file sizes. 24 is still very good quality, but file sizes will be a lot smaller

You have no idea how disappointed that makes me. :expressionless:

1 Like

that still depends on how fast paced the video is, you still have to test a lot more settings if trying to get the optimal settings for a specific video. Bitrate is a A LOT better and more straightfoward than CRF

At the same targeted bitrate, some videos may look good but others will not. It’s even more true with 50/60fps videos. CFR is the better choice to maximize the quality no matter what the video is.