Video Enhance AI v1.6.1

wow amazing ! thanks, i’ll try immediatly !!

Version 1.7 is now in beta testing. Improved speed and quality, Nvidia 30 series GPU compatibility, AMD GPU compatibility. Hold onto your hats, the release version should be coming soon.

2 Likes

About time to have a new update. It’s now been 5 weeks without any. I can’t use v1.6 because of speed issue when outputting still images or an auto crop issue leaving black bars on some cases.

The 1.7 is unfortunatly slower for me… hope it be back to normal for the release.

If you haven’t already done so, send your logs to the alpha email, so Topaz can look into it.

Done, it was planed, but couldn’t do it before.

Is theres changelog? What changed in 1.7?

1 Like

It’s not out yet, should be coming soon.

Yes, but not by much. Also depending on your settings sometimes it’s your CPU that’s limiting (specially if encoding to MP4, since VEAI uses CPU encoder)

Well, I imagined that but I wasn’t sure.
Thank you very much for your answer!

Glad to hear it. I might finally be able to purchase the software with AMD support. will it just be support for the current 5000 series and earlier or were you able to work with AMD to be able to build in support for the upcoming 6000 series release coming mid November?

So far it’s current AMD GPUs and Topaz said they will support Big Navi but it may take some work.

Ugh, I was finally set on getting an RTX 3090 but now I may need to rethink getting a 6900…

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I’m new to video editing but i never even thought about video forensics as a job. I looked up the two video program tools you mentioned, and i see they even have training on their websites and certifications. However, i do not see any price, how much does the software and the training programs cost? Thanks for any insight that you can provide.

I’m hoping they fix stability before think too much on improving speed. Sometimes it breaks sometimes it doesn’t, with same files, same settings. If you’re constantly losing your job it doesn’t matter how fast it is

1 Like

I don’t think that having something like 1 to 5fps rendered would slow down any CPU encoding H264, unless your CPU is very very old and in that case I don’t see anyone buying and using such software with a very old hardware.

VEAI uses 100% on a 6700k@4.6GHz encoding 1080p around 4fps (upscaling 360p to 1080p right now on a RTX2070). Its not the same as when you use handbrake or other software. VEAI puts more weight on the CPU than just ‘simple encoding’
If he’s using VEAI on a 1660S, I suspect his CPU is not high end either.

For now I’m not using it, I was asking to know if something like a 1660s overclocked would do a good job, the CPU Is a i5 7600k so yes, nothing high end I suppose.

VideoCleaner is cost-free ad-free open-source software available to everyone. Amped’s FIVE is about $5,000 with restricted sales.

I’ve been trying many settings to upscale The Outer Limits (1995) but in many episodes the noise level in the background (sky, water, wall and almost everything) is extremely high. Usually gaia hq gives a more realistic result, it can even restore details we can’t see on some sd footage, such as frekle, mole. But it doesn’t remove noise in the background. Theia does that. But human are losing their humanity. Face looks like 3d animated cartoon. I used many settings with theia, Artemis but I’m unable to get a good result. If some of you have the same problem, any suggestion will be welcomed. Thank you