Video Enhance AI v1.5.2

Dumb question, how do you create logs in Video Enhance AI? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is machine translated from Japanese to English, so please forgive me if the text is difficult to understand.

We will report the updated result of Windows 10.
Processing speed has improved somewhat.

Windows 10 Version 1909
About 42-44 sec./frame

Windows 10 version 2004
About 36-38 sec./frame

However, v1.5.1 could process at approximately 13-15 sec./frame, so it cannot be said to be a very good result.

Moreover, the problem that ā€œUse CPUā€ cannot be applied was not solved.

2 Likes

The G algorithm crashes me every time in 1.5.2-- Mac Pro 10.15. Known issue?

Luckily I still have 1.5.1 installed and donā€™t use that one much anyway.

Also any chance yall can add debug param controls? Iā€™m using this for art (as one use case) so I often want MORE artifacts/noiseā€¦ guessing it may not be too hard to add a bit more tweakability for those who want it.

If not, no worries. This software changed my life!

Please contact support so we can get your logs and computer data.

You can enable them under Help>Enable Logs restart their program, replicate the issue, then close the program. You can get the logs later by clicking ā€œOpen Log Folderā€ and then creating a zip of all the files in the folder and sending them to support.

yup cool saw that will capture a crash and send along. thx!

Iā€™ve been testing a lot with the Theia model, I think it has great potential, I would like to make a suggestion on the configurable options.

I think the Reduce Noise range in the Theia model should extend support a wider range, right now even the lowest setting of ā€œ0ā€ still blurs the surfaces too much, although the edges are kept fine, it would be better if the Noise Reduction of ā€œ0ā€ actually produces bare minimal noise reduction and keeps a bit more details.

Let me report about major bug Iā€™ve experienced that makes 1.5.2 version unusable at all.
Yesterday Iā€™ve upgraded to it from 1.4.2. Iā€™ve opened and started processing. I always use output to PNGs.
After an hour or so it was an electricity shutdown at the house. I have no UPS. After recovering the power I started the computer hoping to test the new Auto Save/Load feature. Iā€™ve clicked the button but nothing happened.

As always after program crashes Iā€™m checking the last processed frames in the folder because in that case few last of them are becoming corrupted. This time there were no corrupted files but 1500 of the last PNGs had AN ORIGINAL resolution instead of 200% as expected. After discovering this I immediately installed the 1.4.2 version back.

Also the programā€™s UI was 2 or 4x scaled up. But it is just a funny bug. Iā€™ve got a 4K monitor.

this version crashes in macos when using Gaia, is there a way to download the previous version?

Please contact support so we can get your logs and figured out what happened and do further tests with you. Unfortunately we canā€™t fix issues like this without logs and further testing because we canā€™t replicate them.

Upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 the program wonā€™t start, it canā€™t locate MSVCP140_1.dll

Windows 10.0.18363.959

I uninstalled 1.5.2 and reinstalled 1.5.1 since it looks like 1.5.2 has some other issues and I need to finish this project.

1 Like

Same problem here. Version 1.51 run fine, 1.52 installed successfully but it never loads properly ever since. Task Manager shows that it has started but there is 0% activity.

Fixed by making VEAI admin !

I created logs from version 1.5.1, completely uninstalled (including C:\Users folders and registry keys), then installed and created logs from version 1.5.2.

I sent them along to support.

I will mention here, in looking at the logs myself, is that in version 1.5.1, Err.tzlog is 0 bytes. In version 1.5.2, it contains the following data:

2020-08-30 08:29:31.074057: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:142] Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX AVX2
2020-08-30 08:29:31.076057: I tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:53] Could not dlopen library 'nvcuda.dll'; dlerror: nvcuda.dll not found
2020-08-30 08:29:31.076057: E tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_driver.cc:318] failed call to cuInit: UNKNOWN ERROR (303)
2020-08-30 08:29:31.076057: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_diagnostics.cc:169] retrieving CUDA diagnostic information for host: WIN-7**********
2020-08-30 08:29:31.076057: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_diagnostics.cc:176] hostname: WIN-7**********

Not sure if this is relevant to the 4x - 5x CPU slowdown problem, but the first line of the above log may be relevant.

My suspicion is that OpenVINO is not functioning with version 1.5.2 on certain machines.

Continuing the discussion from Video Enhance AI v1.5.2:

When I run the calculation, VEAI crashes.
I go back to 1.5.1

VEAI 1.5.2 crash.txt (113.4 KB)

I donā€™t know whether this is by design, or a flaw: Cropping a dimension smaller than the original is not allowed. Example, take 1280x720 video and 200% so it is 2560x1440. Then choose custom and set the width to 1000 while leaving the 1440 alone. It bounces the width back to 1280. I was able to get my crop proportionately by making height more than I wanted - using 256%, then cropping width at 1280 so final was 1280x1844.

I was trying VEAI lately, and I noticed, that setting red cropping frame also by mouse/hand and entering numbers in the corresponding fields to fine-tune would be extremely helpful. Also, possibility to see single frame AI-magnified, outside the 30 frames preview feature, just by moving the upper slider - that would be TREMENDOUSLY nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already asked to topaz what you ask, and they are not interested to implement this feature :frowning: ā€¦ so like you, for almost every of my videos, i play with the crop setting until i find something acceptable, playing with %, and heightā€¦ as rendering a video with black bars or not in 4/3 or 16-9 take much more time to render than without it, and as my cpu is not a big one, i must do it for each videosā€¦ after 30 or 40 clip to crop, Iā€™m very tiredā€¦

1 Like

This is a bit ridiculous, if itā€™s true, considering what ffmpeg can do with video processing/encoding - no problem with cropping setting or stuff like this - I donā€™t get it. Or did you ask tech support about it? Cause I think devs read this page much more often, so implementation of this function wouldnā€™t be far off. :slight_smile:
For now itā€™s better to crop the video outside the VEAI, and save it only slightly compressed, to not to worsen the quality, and then feed VEAI with it.

1 Like