Video Enhance AI v1.5.1

I would find useful a way to make easier to take previews a single frames of the video, save them and compare to others closely inside the tool, instant swap one exact frame to the same frame, and being able to do it with zoom, and being able to identify the ai model and parameters used on each one.

This is very useful when someone is trying to discover which ai model better apply for the video.

But I found more useful any way to export to video lossless or pseudo-lossless, so it could be optimized for future modifications in other programs without adding noise on each lossy encode.

Switch to H.264 video output We have switched the codec from H.263 to H.264.
YES! YES!

Hello, can anyone help me? Iā€™m running this version with these settings:

TheiaFidelity
Sharpen 60
Detail 30
Noise 42
200% Scale
MP4 + attempt to sync audio on

and all 4 of my video export with 8 seconds of black at the beginning. The audio plays just fine under the black and each, after 8 seconds, displays the video again.

Try turning off keep audio and merge it after.

1 Like

I switched off keep audio and merged after, and itā€™s still out of sync. Video starts fine and synced, but begins to lag about 60% through a 30 minute video. This is with Atremis-HQ. Iā€™ll try another model, but waiting almost 5 hours to experiment is a big waste, especially at 1 AM, like it is now. Donā€™t know if this is the same problem as @danielpando?

Iā€™m noticing some grid looking thing with the Theia-Detail model (the setting Iā€™m using is Sharpen 60, Details 100, Noise Reduction 5, the settings are not relevant as it happens on other values too).

Take a look at this picture and pay attention to the green background at the center, there are grid looking thing thatā€™s apparent where color gradients are:

the originals video does not have this, anyone else seeing this too?

2 Likes

I canā€™t open this version or 1.5.0 on OSX 10.13.6; the requirements state I need at least 10.13.

Please donā€™t tell me I wasted my money and canā€™t use the software anymore?

Is it a VFR video? We donā€™t support variable frame rate.

It was constant, but after applying decomb filter, it changed to variable. I hope thatā€™s it, because the latest Atremis-HQ model is phenomenal for my old Gilliganā€™s Island episodes. So good that I decided to redo season 1 and 2 completely over again.

UPDATE: Still looses sync about 60% through.
Original video:
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3
Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=24
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 25 min 35 s
Bit rate : 23.0 Mb/s
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.773
Stream size : 4.11 GiB (97%)
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.601 NTSC
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.601

UPDATE ONCE AGAIN:

Changing frame rate to 29.970 and trying again.

LAST UPDATE:

Itā€™s fixed. Thank you for the suggestions.

Iā€™m seeing it too.

I have to keep sharpen under 30, and reduce noise to ~10-15. or less, to not have it appear. I can usually only push restore detail to ~60-65.

YMMV of course, and source material is a huge variable as well

Has anyone noticed the drag and drop is broken in this build?

Minor annoyance but I tend to use it more than loading a batch as I have had the horizontal scroll bar not appear if you initially load more than 10-12 files all at once for batching.

Drag and Drop works as usual for me on this version. However I did notice it not working if you select ā€œlaunch video enhance AIā€ right after the installation, it requires closing the application and relaunch to get drag and drop working normally.

1 Like

This solution worked. Thanks!

canā€™t output in mp4 ā€œerror unable to write outputā€ maybe itā€™s because of new codecs?

no problem here, where did you try to save the file to?

Oh it work thanks, after i try to save it in directory of installed version.

Any plans to implement a target bitrate? Iā€™d love to use the new codec in the latest version but my output files are a couple gigabytes.

1 Like

So far the reload proyect works nicely but how do you take all those jpg and convert them to a 4k mkv?

WĆ¼rde mich auch interessieren. Eine kleine Anleitung wƤre nicht schlecht. FĆ¼r Leute, wie mich, die nicht so in der Materie stecken.

BTWā€¦ I have tested to import a video with lagarith-codec and I think VEAI donā€™t like it.
Sometimes the video jumps between the images ā€¦ I think the codec is in general a bit buggy ā€¦
Iā€™m working with Huffyuv and FFV1 with no problems