Video Enhance AI v1.2.1 - OpenVino V3 and Bug Fixes

Video Enhance AI 1.2.1 doesn’t work for me. AI Engine Failure message. Even if I set the resources demand to 20% I get this error.

AMD 2700X
2070 Super (latest drivers)
Windows 10 insider
16GB RAM

Until 1.2 the program worked perfect for me! Please fix that.

Working perfectly here, using the CPU setting.

• Nvidia GT640 (drivers 445.75)
  • Windows 10 Pro (not the insider one)
  • 32 Gb of Ram
  • Asrock H270 Mini-Itx Motherboard

The problem looks to be with your original encodes, which are old DivX 5.

I also get a blank last frame with VirtualDub.

In AviSynth I get a lot of duplicated frames, including the first two.

The best I seem to be able to get with these are Vapoursynth using the latest Hybrid. It doesn’t eliminate the last frame, but it does duplicate the first two. Anything else I try just glitches them up.

Try running your videos through Hybrid, encode at x264 with a “Constant Rate Factor” of 1 and the “Very Slow” preset. (It goes through Vapoursynth by default.)

Edit - I was able to fix the issues with your samples by using ffmpeg to extract all frames (ffmpeg -r 1 -i "bricks1r.avi" -r 1 bricks1r.avi%04d.png). For some reason they all extract properly. If I try to re-encode directly with ffmpeg I still get duplicated frames, so it appears extracting all frames is the only way. I then imported them as an “Image Sequence” in to Hybrid at 30 fps. I enabled the “DeblockQED” filter in Avisynth at the defaults and encoded as x264, Constant Rate Factor" of 1 and “Very Slow” preset.

Here are the resulting files. Try running them through Video Enhance AI and see if that fixes your issue.

~~Zippyshare.com -

Edit 2 - You know what, scratch that I think. Extracting all frames only extracts 159 frames when there should be 160. So I’m at a loss really. I think the original encodes are just flawed.

The best way to avoid duplicate or drop frames is to use avisynth as a frame server and with careful source filter parameters. For example using FFVideoSource without any framerate parameter… I also had sometimes duplicates frames using avisynth until I deleted the fpsnum and fpsden parameter.
After that there’s a program called AVFS - Avisynth Virtual File System to generate the virtual AVI file that can be load into VEAI.
If it would it be possible for VEAI to directly load avisynth scripts this would be a fantastic new feature.

The issue seems to be with his original encodes. It’s not just duplicate or dropped frames in general.

v1.2.1 doesnt work on my system.
Get’s stuck on “Initializing AI Engine”.
Had to revert to v1.2.0, works fine.
My system:
HP Z620
Windows 10 Pro
2x Intel Xeon E5-2670 (2 processors)
32 GB RAM
NvMe and SSD disks
AMD Radeon RX470 4GB

• Please add support for Radeon GFX cards
  • Please fix this problem on v1.2.1
  • Please add HD and 4K modes for 4:3 (like 1280x960, 1440x1080 etc)

Really appreciate you trying it out and looking into them for me. I’ll see what I can do about re-encoding these ancient videos on my end.

Pressing the space bar (by mistake) stops the processing without warning. Happened to me a couple of times.

Hi,

Thanks for developing this awesome video enhancer software, however, could you guys please allow user to set higher bitrate or quantizer value, or even choose desired encoder? Right now everything is awesome except for the output encoder, the quality of output is not satisfactory, i’m sure it’s due to the encoder or bitrate or quantizer set by default.

Please allow user to increase the bitrate, or set the quantizer value for better quality output.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Please add a high bitrate h.265 setting for output.

And please, please, please switch the keep audio option to direct copy instead of reprocessing it into AAC, if anything it would save time during merging. That should be a trivial change to make.

3 Likes

I’m begging again to the developers: pleeeease add an new video export method, this ancient codec you guys added isn’t great and you guys know that it could be better, any lossless option (x264-qp mode, ProRes…) would be way better than this current option you guys implemented. Most of the users who bought the program doesn’t have large hdds to export in lossless .tiff, I myself can’t export that way due to low hdd space :cry: so I have no other option but to keep using this “weird” .mp4 option… You guys already added ffmpeg support, it’s just a matter of allowing us to adjust the video output ;_; #HearYourClients

5 Likes

Hi guys. I was considering creating tiff images instead of a video. What program would you recomend to turn all those tiff to an avi?

I would suggest png instead of tiff. They are compressed (but lossless).

You need to know the frame rate of your original video. You can use MediaInfo for that.

You can use ffmpeg to encode the images:

ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -f image2 -i veai_result%06d.png -r 24 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -preset veryslow -crf 18 -pix_fmt yuv420p veai_result.mp4

In the above command line, change “-r 24” to match the frame rate of the original video, for example “-r 29.97”. Also, change “veai_result%06d.png” to reflect the file names of the images. “%06d” means six numerals.

You can also use Hybrid if you prefer a front-end interface. For the input, tick the “Image Sequence” check box.

2 Likes

Use the free VirtualDub2, it’s slower than Premiere pro to render image sequences but not anyone has a PPro subscription.
If you are processing SD videos it’s mandatory to work with images (png, tiff) not only because the h263 output but also because the colorspace is not properly converted. You will end up with HD videos with the wrong YUV-RGB matrix conversion. Only few players have options to display HD videos with the Rec601, Bt 470 SD colorspaces. When encoding your RGB image sequences you have to tell the encoder that the input use the Rec709 colorspace. Then it will be properly displayed in your player.

1 Like

Hi there!

Just wondering if we could get any information on the command line options for this new build of Topaz… Would really help speed up my current workflow. Thank yoU!

1 Like

Yes. The names Artemis and Gaia have arrived. What do they correspond to?

I tested a plan that I had already processed before to compare the two versions. Adjustment LQ and Denoise Deblock. The calculation seems faster but the result less good. I will redo a test on another rush that I also treated this way with 1.1.1 and I will come back to you with screenshots if this is the case.

You can use cmd line with ffmpeg

When Video Enhance AI is processing a video and when I start a PC game and when I later leave the game, Video Enhance AI has stopped working at some point unecpected.

1 Like

Depending on what game it is, the GPU demands of VEAI and the game may come into conflict. You’ll have to give more details for anyone to give any more feedback.