Very slow performance on Topaz Photo AI and Video Enhance AI on Windows with Intel GPU

With driver 4382, VEAI 2.9.

What I don’t understand is, okay, FFMPEG has some error that it hits while encoding upscaled video. Why then does VEAI just abandon the export and not try again? Or at least save what’s already been done so at least you can piece together footage that’s been upscaled. Saving progress has been a feature that has been asked for for a very long time. Wouldn’t that solve this issue?

I just posted on my bug report on Intel’s forums asking for an update. Hopefully we will get a fix from them soon.

I’ve been using Topaz for a while and I’d like to thank you for the solution of deleting the keys from the registry folder, it worked really well.

I had an RX 590 OC and was able to render videos at 2 fps.
I switched to an RX 6700 XT and it continued rendering at 2.1 fps, reaching temperatures of 82º or more.

After deleting the folder’s registry keys, my card doesn’t go above 70 degrees and I can hit 11 fps.

Topaz Labs and Intel are working on improving performance and stability with ARC graphics cards. For now, we recommend using this specific driver version for ARC GPUs, along with version 3.1.9 of Topaz Video AI.

Topaz Labs and Intel are working on improving performance and stability with ARC graphics cards. For now, we recommend using this specific driver version for ARC GPUs, along with version 3.1.9 of Topaz Video AI.

I just wanted to check if there has been progress getting more recent versions of VEAI to work with the most recent Arc driver released last month?

I was planning to include VEAI 3.4.2 internal benchmark results for the Arc A770 both with Rebar enabled and disabled, alongside several other GPUs in an upcoming video series this month but so far can only get the application to run with Rebar disabled in the BIOS.

Unfortunately, from the information I have it seems that the Intel drivers are the problem and not our software running them.

The most stable Intel Arc driver that we have found so far is this one:
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/781650/gfx_win_101.2125.exe

I’m a little confused: after trying everything I could think of to install the driver you linked to, I finally read the readme for it and realized the file you linked me to was for Intel iGPUs, not Intel Arc discrete GPUs. That’s why it would not install on my Intel Arc A770 16GB discrete GPU even after I uninstalled my current driver.

Did you send me a different driver or is there a non-obvious way to install the driver you sent even though it is designed for different hardware ?

The driver you sent me, 101.2125, released for the iGPU line in June at around the same time as 101.4499 released for the Intel Arc discrete GPUs. Is that the link you were trying to send me?

I have put in a support ticket to Intel as per your suggestion but I want to make sure that I am starting with the version people had the most success with to get the ball rolling.

I got a new link that should work. Try this one:

deleting it also fixed it for me, thank you!