Very different performance encoding 1080p videos

Am not really sure if this is normal or not, but I have noticed when encoding some 1080p video to 4K I get around 7fps, when I encode another video also 1080p to 4K, I get 2fps. I use the same settings for upscale and export for both videos. Both files are on the same disk (NVME). Is this normal?

If one video is horizontal and the other is vertical, then there can be a noticeable difference in performance between the two.

Other than that situation, I can’t think of what else could be impacting performance like that if the videos have the same resolution and you’re only doing upscaling.

Sometimes it helps to reboot Windows before using video ai.

Thx for the replies, I`d like to share two video files I experience the issue with. Would you mind testing it yourself, please? Maybe there is an issue on my end?
Both videos are 60s long, 1080p
Video 1 - WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free - I get around 7-7,5fps
Video 2 - WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free - I get around 2-2,5fps in average (starts at 7fps, going down to 2fps after a while)

My settings is:

top2

PC specs are 5900X + RTX3070 + 32 GB RAM

One is 816p. It is actual the right way to compose a 2.35:1. The other is full 16:9 and Topaz take the same time on black border zones as used area.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 012108

but why is it 3x slower?

Check if your gpu mem and mem uses less amount on the slow one, then topaz have to split the images first.