V 3.x.x freezes or crashes the computer

Sold my Intel Mac because it was slower than my M1/M2 and the power use of the Intel is way too high.
So I cannot test it any more, sorry.
Topaz runs solid on my M1/M2, even on 1 week render job for one file or 2 week jobs for multiple files.

1 Like

I am also having the freezing/crashing issue when upscaling 1080p video to 2160p. I have a Dell Precision 7770 laptop with i7-12850HX processor with NVIDIA RTX A3000 laptop video card. I am also using a Sonnet 750 Breakaway box with NVIDIA RTX 4000. (“All GPU” setting) I’m using Video AI 3.2.7 and using the Gaia AI program for the upscale. An approximately two-hour video takes approx. 14 - 16 hours to process. I have had one success (complete upgrade finishes with no freezing/crashing) and several failures, either freezing of the program, or worse, freezing of the computer itself. It appears that in most cases, the process completes, but then enters a “follow-on process” with very high frame rates (e.g. – over 300 FPS), which is usually when a freeze/crash occurs.

Please move this to a new thread, this thread is only to investigate Intel Mac crashes. You can also reach out directly to Support and we will assist you with this :slight_smile:

MacBook Pro 16, Ventura 13.5. Gigapixel 6.3.3 on large TIFF file takes computer temperature over 212 F and the machine will black out (and the laptop is hot). After a couple of minutes, the power button will bring back the Gigapixel and keep running - then black out again after a minute or so. Is there a way to throttle back Gigapixel in the O/S? Also taking laptop to Apple to check for malfunctions/cooling path dust, etc.

Hey there, you will need to put this in the correct app section or reach out to support directly :slight_smile:

Same to me with same configuration and 96 GB Ram.

Please reach out to support, thank you!