V.3.3.x not as good as v 2.3.x

use Dione with Dehalo

Dehalo causes blur , that is why i hate using it.

Akila, if Topaz AI can’t handle a video that has obvious interlace effect, people would say it is Topaz Video AI’s problem. I am doing a favor to Topaz to report the problem and I hope Topaz will take the opportunity to improve your products.

I can send you some sample videos to look at if it is helpful.

If you look at the photos I uploaded here, Topaz Video AI made the video worse, not better. The right one is the output file after Topaz processed it.

I don’t think there is a problem here but rather misunderstanding the order of doing things.
your left picture indicates that your original video is interlaced…and you are either using the wrong model or your video was converted to progressive without deinterlacing it in the past.

could you use MediaInfo on your original video and post the results?
like my example below.

you didn’t understand why Dehalo is needed - it’s just the same for such cases - it corrects errors

try - process twice

1. Interlaced Progressive Dione Dehalo
  2. then Iris - interlacing

it makes no sense what you are saying.
Why deinterlace (step 2) if it’s already progressive? it would cause frame jumps and stutter

Also, Interlace progressive is only to be used on Progressive videos that was incorrectly deinterlaced in the past…

Let’s wait for @james-4065 MediaInfo information he will provide us with, then we will be much smarter on the next step.
We are doing to many guessing and we might be shooting at the wrong direction.

just try

try to process the progressive video file twice
1080p 23.976fps

Deinterlacing footage and upscale to HD - using the Iris-manual - all filters set to 0

Then

upload this file to Topaz
and use Chronos fast up to 60fps with sensitivity 1.

mr @AiDon why did you delete my comment?

Because personal attacks are not allowed. I didn’t delete your comment just edited out your comment aimed at the member.

Other comments such as about ‘hired “managers”’ will also be deleted.

It is totally unnecessary to post sarcastic or personal attack comments on this forum as people come here for help.

My advice to you is that you either help or refrain from posting. This is based on your prior warning and complaints about you from other users on this forum.

3 Likes

my communication with you is probably rude

because I’m using two translations

from Yakut to Russian, and from Russian to English

when communicating on the Internet, you should stick to 0 emotions and point out violations

you are probably used to talking to your neighbor
and modern internet because of satellites everywhere

Not only rude to me, you can see the guidelines for using the forum at this link:

There is no question about your knowledge just about the fact that you make these off-topic statements and make personal statements about other users and their capabilities even though you have no idea who they are.

Read those guidelines, keep contributing to help other members and stop making personal statements about Topaz staff and other forum members.

1 Like

at the 1st installation of the software
are you reading the license?
especially a lot of words in a language that is not understood?

Akida, Thank you for the comments. I will give it a try.

1 Like

could you post the mediaInfo for me please (of your original video you trying to process)? the one I asked for at my previous response.
let’s know all the facts what we are dealing with before we provide resolution steps, or at least attempting to.

1 Like

You have already been warned about your comments on the forum. Please stick with the issues at hand. If this behavior continues we will need to take further action.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.