Using my existing Textures from Photoshop

I am looking at getting “Topaz Textures” but would like to know if it is possible to import my [large] collection of textures from a variety of 3rd party companies - inc lil owls - I am an ardent user / collector of textures so would hate to have to keep swapping

Yep! It’s possible:

How to Import Resources into Texture Effects

Joe, I know its possible but my question is, are the imported files being duplicated? With a large amount of textures, it would take up a lot of space.

We have to convert the images to a special format so they work correctly in the software. So, yes.

I’ve always avoided importing more than favorites for this reason…can you tell me where they are stored?

Either:

PC: %localappdata%\Topaz Labs\Topaz Texture Effects 2\tgrc
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Topaz Labs/Topaz Texture Effects 2/tgrc/

Thanks Joe…What I was concerned about. My C: drive is a limited space SSD drive. All Program installations are directed to my internal D: drive which is spacious…the location of these files lands in my C: drive so I’ll continue to be cautious of what I import.

The proliferation of machines that have a similar set up might be something the development team might keep in mind with client resource files, maybe allowing for a preference?

1 Like

We have an item on our list to address this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Joe any likely timeline for this fix please? Only like Elanore I don’t want disc bloat by file duplication I have megabytes of textures and backgrounds

We can’t provide ETAs for updates, unfortunately.