Topaz Video AI v3.4.2

Fixed, thanks!

1 Like

The ā€œdisable new user tipsā€ setting currently only applies to the messages that show when the app is installed for the first time.

We could add a preference to disable all tooltips if that would be a useful addition for experienced users.

4 Likes

Devs, pls pls pls add to Topaz Video AI GIGAGAN model https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyoXmHS-KGc
Or to photo ai

2 Likes

Topaz GUI team, please fix the GUI showing stabilization passes as pass ā€˜0ā€™ and pass ā€˜1ā€™ of 2. It should be ā€˜1ā€™ and ā€˜2ā€™ of 2. Reported multiple times, can be fixed in 30 seconds yet itā€™s still an issue after several months. Surely someone cares enough to fix it besides me?

Thanks

2 Likes

I watched the video, but all the examples were photos. Iā€™d like to see at least one example of a 480p video frame enhanced to 4K.

Yay another update.

Please bring back the feature where I could see multiple versions of filters in preview mode BEFORE it rendered the preview. Iā€™m flying blind with these 5-30 sec single preview windows.
Also I hope this bug was fixed because in the last release when the video was about 95% rendered for a full video it would say 0s left even though it was still rendering. It needs to be realtime countdown or the closest approximation to it and not freeze. 0s left does not help me at all when I need to know when the task will be complete.

I am about to try out v3.42 for the first time. My thoughts afterward.

Also can we add export as .AVI support? I could do without any compression of VHS sources. I know itā€™s too much for some people but I have terabytes of space so itā€™s not a problem.

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s the normal behaviour.
100% ready but still working for a solid couple of minutes.

When will the full screen/taskbar issue be resolved (Windows)?

5 Likes

I have a video file that continously produces the red cross error message no matter if I convert it before, de-interlace it before or crop it before processing via Video a. i. Here are the log files.
logsForSupport.tar.gz (435.1 KB)

Donā€™t think its capable of doing video yet. But photo work looks amazing

I know not processing the video like TVAI, but single frame taken from 480P video, like TIFF or PNG format and then run it through the tool.

Yeah. Black magic releases their public beta that is parallel to full releases and every public beta is more stable than most Topaz full releases. Its one thing to keep the updates coming, its another to have some base level standards. Topaz really needs to focus more on stability and bug fixes, and focus on beta or alpha versions in parallel for those who want to be testers. Topaz Video AI v3.4.2 pre-beta release is the appropriate name. I am tired of reinstalling all the time, not knowing what bugs it has.

5 Likes

Just installed latest update. When loading images I now find that they are rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise.

Dear Helpdesk,

Recently I got a new computer and I have a problem with rendering 4K movies in Topaz video AI.
After about 10 minutes my monitor goes black and the video card fans continue to run at 100%. I can only restart the PC.
The temperature of the video card is then between 60 and 75 degrees Celsius.
computer specification:
13th Generation Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-13700KF
NVIDIA AORUS GeForce RTXā„¢ 3090 XTREME 24G
Memory 64.00 GB

Is there a solution for this?

Dumb question but how do I get Video AI to export the finished files to a specific directory?
I go to preferences>directorys but under ā€˜Export Folderā€™ all I ever see is a full stop character whenever Iā€™ve selected my directory and ends up creating the new file into the sources folder.

The fan behavior sounds temperature related. I know your ā€œGPU tempā€ is okay, but what is your vram temp under load? 3090ā€™s have half their vram cooled by the heatsink and the other halfā€¦wellā€¦not really cooled by anything. (Metal backplates become a heat spreadr of sorts, but terrible cooling for backside vram chips) I would also check hotspot temps too.

1 Like

this is a very common problem but not related to topaz products. it appears mostly to rtx 3xxx and 4000 cards. I had it happen once during Video a. i. but also in other cases. It seems to help to switch to PCIe 4.0 (before 5.0) in my BIOS and disable ASPM. You can also set the Windows power saving to ā€œmaximum performanceā€ and the same in the Nvidia Control panel: ā€œprefer maximum performanceā€. Since then it did not yet happen again to my PC. It is running fine for a week now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€˜Full stopā€™ character means same directory as source file. If you want to change that, click folder button on right side of what you circled, select a different folder and hit save.

1 Like

Hello, I donā€™t know if this is directly related to this release, but the video conversion is using more CPU than GPU (100% of 12 threads CPU, against 10% on a RTX 2080 SUPER).

The preferences processing setting is correctly set to the RTX mode.

This seems to depend on the conversion mode you choose.