Topaz Video AI v3.3.0

hello when I updateVideo Ai to the newest version it comes very slow when i try to set my settings.What is the problem ther.Help please.I am working on MAc sillicon

I by accident set the slider to 71 and then let it run expecting a artificial result but to my surprise the movie looked very well and faces looked even more natural.

Is it that when the source material is fine you can easily merge set it high while if the source is low quality lower the value . I am curious as the default value is 20

In addition I cannot see this with the preview hence I really would like a button that makes a inline copy
So I can copy and play it from my enigma media player . This also ensures it will play some combinations seem invalid e.g. h264 and 4X while h265 is always valid

1 Like

Since this Version 3.3.0 = Themis V1 (Legacy) is no longer available in Motion DeBlur, only V2
Is this already a known Issue?

Thank you!

The screenshots you shared are great! Based on what the input file looks like, the export makes sense. There just is not a lot to go off of. Have you switched to manual instead of auto to experiment with the sliders?

@gadas you just have to expand the list to see them all. Here is a direct link to v3.2.

Which media player are you using?

What name did you use or email?

We have switched to a new model for suggested features. We now ask that our users add feature requests and vote to choose what is in the next releases on our forum. This allows our development team to really see what the majority of our users want to see so that they can prioritize the next release based on user feedback.

1 Like

That screenshot is taken from the Topaz Video Ai Preview comparison between normal and themis during file processing. All the media players have the same effect.

Yes, if the original video offers a good quality already just set the recover original details higher!

Same name as I use here: efox31. Email was my googlemail account. I believe I titled it something like ‘Frame-count issue’.

Iris looks awful on VHS footage. Made me look like a doll with eyeliner on!

1 Like

not sure if it’s a gpu driver issue or something with video ai but after the last update it will randomly crash and make my gpu driver restart, after it does this once I have to restart my pc to use video ai or it just instantly crashes on launch and restarts the gpu driver again

2023-06-19-20-02-32-Main.tzlog (140.3 KB)

2023-06-19-20-08-15-Main.tzlog (29.4 KB)

After installing the latest OS-Update macOS 13.4 the Complete Crash came even faster, namely directly after Starting the Renderingprocess…

Here is a LOG-File, I don’t know if this is the correct File, after the Crash…
2023-06-20-08-13-29-Main.tzlog (111.4 KB)

So I have tested Apollo8 with factor 2x and 8x and I can never see an original frame in the export… all frames are interpolated and the first 3 frames are the same… please fix that issue.

It would be also good to have an option to keep the video-length.
100 frames 2x are producing 198 frames and not 200 … other tools are copy the last frame for example to match the correct videolength. this is important for my timeline in NLE-software to keep audio in sync

I am not sure if it is a good idea to include the original frames. They might look too unique similar to keyframes in a compressed video where you notice according to the compression artifacts whenever a keyframe is shown…

Weird after the perect iris 1.0 upscale 71 then try to use artemis or Gaya to make even better and thought keep slider to 0 now as it already had done its magic I see the old problems back weird eyes etc.

Do I need when to further enhance always use the slider again and make a decision about the percentage between 0 to 71 percent to ehance it further or is IRIS 1.0 with slider the end of any enhancement for now

I suggest setting the slider according to your preferred result every time you want to process a video!

You got me wondering. I went back and looked for original frames. With 2.5X, I found more matching original frames than ones that were slightly changed. I only looked a few seconds into the video, and I stopped looking after finding 3 matches. So all in all: 1 slightly changed frame and 3 complete* matches.

*Slight color change and sharper than the original, but motion was exact.