Topaz Video AI v3.2.1

Thanks I’ll take your advice and just stick to my original guns.:raised_hands:

Even handbrake docs suggest not to use it :rofl:
Screenshot_20230416_001203

I always found it useful for pre and post processing though, so its not entirely useless.

1 Like

A text model is now in beta in Topaz Photo AI. Maybe it will make it to Video AI some day.

4 Likes

I mainly use it for cropping black bars and deinterlacing. The latter of which I don’t get good results with Topaz.

1 Like

I’m also having severe issues trying to generate previews using Auto Stabilization (full frame) and Motion Deblur.
All that ever happens is ‘Unknown Error’.
On Windows 10 - but can someone also please tell me - step by step - how to generate these detailed information breakdowns I am seeing in this thread?

I remember someone alluding to that also. I think they were hoping that baked in subtitles wold come out readable.
The trick is: If a video is upscaled before going through TVAI, it tries to keep all the linearly upscaled details. You would definitely get less, if any enhancement, that way.

Can u please add “frame # display mode”? I’m so tired of having to only use time display mode, computer turning off from electricity outage or something, then having to restart the ENTIRE video all the way over again (taking days of wasted workflow) since I never know the exact frame I was on. I need this for exporting the frames into PNG format. I never know what the last frame exported was within the program. Only in Windows Explorer. So when my computer crashes/outage, I have to literally delete 10s of thousands (ALL) the exported frames and reupscale the entire video from very beginning all over again when if ur program had the frame display mode, I could just start from the last frame # exported (if the last PNG frame exported was 110,567 in Windows Explorer, I could just go to frame # 110,568 and start the upscaling process from there. I can’t do this if ur program now only shows the time of video. I need the exact frame). Video Enhance used to have this in 2.0 versions. U guys took it away in all 3 versions so far. There r people that can’t go days of re-upscaling something from power outages or computer crashes. I live in a state that gets lots of thunderstorms. Thank you

4 Likes

In manual mode, it could have the automatic preview of the static image according to the settings, making it unnecessary to always generate a complete preview.

Spoken well my friend. I could not have said better. Getting tired of the missing frame numbers and to completely redo the whole video if something went wrong. Fortunately in the recent versions it did only happen rarely. But I also can’t understand what’s so difficult to just offer frame numbers in addition to time stamps. In the 2.x version I also processed the video to images and I was able to continue exactly where I stopped, either when the app crashed or when I stopped to go sleep (where is the pause button by the way?). Or I let the app process two half of the video at the same time to max out the available processing power by running a second instance at the same time.

2 Likes

Hi, yes the current version numbering topaz seems to adhere to is a standard.
It’s called “Semantic Versioning” aka “semver”. You can see https://semver.org/ for more info.

Hi David, according to the SemVer specifications numbers should not contain leading zeros: Semantic Versioning 2.0.0 | Semantic Versioning

Thanks, yes that seems to be the case. I guess I was thinking along the lines of sequential numbering (which they aren’t using).

Thanks for sending me the link which doesn’t explain at all in any detail what is happening with the ending digits here.

I would love a RESUME feature, as I have lost days of progress multiple times from Windows inability to NOT listen to your options of “DO NOT UPDATE THE OS” and it does it anyways and reboots your system.

1 Like

Trying to remember if group policy editor is only on Windows Pro editions. If you have it, look up how to disable auto updates with it.

1 Like

IT guy of 35 years. Windows 10 to the lesser extent, but Windows 11 flat out ignores even GPO (or local gpo). BOTH will ignore if MS decides there is a big zero day, and we have had plenty of times that updates have applied even though we have them completely blocked externally and deployed via SCCM.

I even have pihole blocking MOST MS links and a proxy just for an update to my update server, and STILL I get updates forced more often than I would like to admit.

That said, really good reply if MS was not MS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wumgr lets you completely disable updates (you can re-enable at any time or selectively apply updates), I used it on 10 and it probably works on 11 as well:

Not surprised at all.
I’ve only had my machine running for like 3 years now. On Windows 7, I never had it restart unless I told it to. As soon as I updated to 10, it lost that power. I think I got it to the point that it will warn me about updates, and maybe download them, but not restart unless I tell it to. That’s only been for six months though… and I just put 11 on it. And I regret that, because now I cannot tell it to restart nor turn of with the built-in Remote Desktop application.

1 Like

Go try that in Windows 11 and get back to me once your update applies, I’ll wait. As I said, windows 10 is much better about it, but as I also stated we have had plenty of times updates applied anyways. You can SUCCESSFULLY pause updates with windows update manager, but that is only temporary. Windows 11 is quite literally not ready for any enterprise environment.