Topaz Video AI v3.1.6

Hi John - if you can send me a screenshot of the dialogue you’re getting, it’d be very much appreciated. Please send it here or through a private message. Thank you.

Doing a 4k movie going from 24 to 50fps + proteus… getting about 1.6 - 2.1fps. Seems about the same as pervious 3.1.x versions.
AMD 7 5800x, 32gig ram, 3080 rtx.

1 Like

Downloaded your first mp4 file and is working fine for me on Win 11.
I’d suggest renaming those files and remove all the #>> characters and spaces.

Also that file is not the original and has been rencoded at some point.
The original file is a webm container with vp9 and opus, yours is X264 and AAC.

I enjoyed reading this post! :+1::joy:

4 Likes

I also look forward to new models, model manager etc. These things take time. We forum idiots are generally happy with the way this software is progressing! :joy:

As @suraj once said: Rome wasn’t built in a day!

1 Like

y avait qu’un français qui pouvait agir comme ça et nous faire c**** depuis 3 ans… TOUS les jours…à tenir des propos totalement incoherent. Menteur, plusieurs personnalités (Aaron / ASF / TomaszW), comme si tu croyais qu’on t’avais pas reperé … et tu te demandes encore pourquoi personne te répond ici ?

3 ans que nous e*** avec tes conneries… a insulter les développeurs, Topaz, etc … et en plus tu traites les gens d’idiot… Clap Clap !

1 Like

I’m completely confused! Help! Help! Help!
I converted music clips from 4K25fps to 4k120fps. I used the Chronos Fast model. On dynamic scenes, Chronos Fast made unacceptable mistakes, blurred the picture when the camera moved on background scenes. I was advised to use the Apollo model. Indeed, Apollo did a better job.
Then I decided to convert FULLHD1080p24fps to 4k60fps. I compared the work of Chronos Fast and Apollo and was surprised. Apollo smooths out details on faces, and Chronos Fast gives a juicier bright picture with small details. What should I do? Share your observations on the work of these two modes when working with high resolution and high fps.

Well yes but that’s what beta software is for, rather than release software commercially sold.

It’s not unreasonable for some people who know this to defer spending their money until they are satisfied that it’s REALLY out of beta. This is why I among others have not yet renewed to v3.1 - albeit keeping an interested eye on developments.

We have no right to demand free upgrades - there is 2.6.4 after all - but neither should Topaz or anyone else have an expectation that we will upgrade while Rome is still under construction.

6 Likes

Just once again, with the help of a freeze frame, I was convinced that Chronos Fast when converting video to 4k60fps (120fps) gives a better picture than Apollo. But, as soon as the intense movement begins in the frame, Chronos Fast immediately ceases to beat the effective and allows marriage! Can’t your artificial intellect tell the difference between a static picture and a dynamic one? You can also use the Chronos Fast algorithm on sedentary scenes, and the Apollo algorithm on the largest movements of the camera.
Do I need to sit and manually cut the video into pieces, convert them with different models, and glue them together? I want to make a better quality movie and watch it, not watch the movie and cause interference in it.
You have excuses for every complaint and attached screenshot of the incorrect operation of the program.
Does your company have any concept? Is there any understanding of what is converted into what and how? Is there any purpose other than general phrases that you are striving for? I, as a new user, saw just Chaos, and the absence of any logic in the work of the program. Just click on the different buttons and look at the different types of marriage after conversion.
Your program can be easily downloaded on the Internet and used for free, but I paid you 299 dollars, which is more than I can now earn in one month!!!
As a result, in two months I don’t have a single video that I could leave in the collection. Either, through apollo blurred not quite clear picture, or through Chronos Fast better video quality, but disaster on the dynamic scene. I’m just furious!

1 Like

P.S. False, bad work, translated as - marriage.

Machine learning is not magic. It can only do what it has been ‘trained’ to do. You tired the Chronos (Not Fast) model as well I presume? It creates less artifacts than Chronos Fast—In the videos I have tried it on.

1 Like

These are the results after encoding the source video with Lavc59.28.100 ffv1 (demonstrating that there is no difference). Results are identical with Frame Interpolation disabled.

I haven’t tried Chronos. Chronos Fast gives a normal picture, but makes a false on the big scenes. Apollo does a good job with dynamic scenes, but the picture quality is worse than Chronos Fast.
I convert any video up to 4k120/60fps

When is the CLI version going to be updated, the duplicated frame interpellation is not yet available through ffmpeg.

I get same error in 3.1.6 but only when Apollo is enabled.
Video is 1080x1920 (rotated).

In my experience, using Chronos was better than Chronos Fast when instead of increasing the framerate, I was filling in duplicate frames in an improperly rendered animation. something like 59fps on a 60fps file. Chronos Fast is good for making sharp movements appear better, while Chronos is better for filling gaps in a more linear fashion.

I’ll pay to upgrade on the day I visit this forum and see with my own eyes actual improvements. As of right now, the problems being discussed vastly outnumber the few positive comments expressed by some users. The TVAI apologists on this board just need to be ignored.

I won’t pay to be a beta tester.

6 Likes

disregard i got apollo fixed thanks

Themis still green here

Screenshot?