Topaz Video AI v3.1.6

If a task sets upscale and interpolation at the same time, it will perform interpolation first, so if it is Apollo, the loss of image quality will be magnified, and Chronos will not be affected.

I’m checking back right now on Proteus. HD up to 4k. All right! That is, the problem is in Chronos, turning up to 60fps

Has anybody compared Themis quality with the previous version? I’m interested in your observations.

@TomaszW You should be banned from this sub forum.
Stop it. Or create another account with a different name.

1 Like

Who are you to tell people what they can and cannot post … this forum thread is for the benefit of the developers and, if users have a genuine gripe they have the right to post about it.

The post should also be supported with facts.

I also see there are people who use this forum and flag posts as inappropriate to get them hidden. Unless a post is a personal attack do not flag them.

It’s up to the developers to respond so give them the chance.

4 Likes

As I said before, now I’m sure that the new version of Apollo will change the color tone, and the contrast color value will find that there is an average difference of 3 in each channel of RGB. Below I deliberately found a solid color background, you can compare the color difference between the two sides, the impact on some scenes will be particularly obvious in actual use.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was doing a bit or research on it and it looks promising, but in early development, so I will probably try it out of curiosity and keep an eye on it, to see if Topaz can polish it to maturity so it can be used as a reliable tool.

i’m fortunate to have a sh*tty screen, i don’t see any difference :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve a calibrated monitor and se no difference in colour either.

2 Likes

You can use an image editing tool to pick the color to compare, I just want to show that it is a problem with the model. In fact, some colors will be more obvious.

1 Like

sorry, that’s pixelpeeping without any benefit

3 Likes

The latest redist version is only updated to 3.1.0, hope topaz could update the redist CLI with the GUI. @suraj

1 Like

I think Topaz models always used to change color of the original video, since they seem to be re-creating all the new frames, they use some kind of trained average for skin tones and the rest of image. So I always found to have a color shift. Something that I think Topaz needs to invest more in is color management so that the colors remain consistent, otherwise in some personal and most of professional work where color is critical, this tool becomes a liability, instead of benefit. There were I think over the years, complains about this, but Topaz is still color blind company, sadly.

2 Likes

Thank you for mentioning, we will update it when 3.1.7 is released on Tuesday.

2 Likes

The color difference is pretty obvious. If anyone couldn’t see the difference, I recommend they should re-calibrate the monitor. :thinking:

2023-02-24_033813

The ΔE between the two color is 2.3623.
A normal human eye should “Perceptible at a glance” for ΔE>2.

2023-02-24_034006

6 Likes

Very green and looks like you’re getting a grid pattern from Apollo too!

I use Apollo a lot. I think that’s from Themis.

2 Likes

the fact i don’t notice it is normal. don’t know about others here, but situation here force me to put not only low/save power mode on my monitor + low brightness + Warm color mode in windows, because of eyes trains issue. can’t watch a monitor anymore with normal color / brightness since a long time.

Your words are unreasonable. I first discovered the change in hue and then compared the pixel value to prove it, not the reverse process.

The difference is quite obvious to the naked eye.