Topaz Video AI v3.0.9

Most certainly won’t be a chapter issue. :slight_smile:

Yes. At first I thought it was motion prediction, maybe; but it has to be in Stabilization code.

Thanks. So I’m trying another attempt, currently on pass 1/2 - 1d19 hr (0.6fps), and already the output is messed up. If I’m already seeing this, is it time to abort? Or is there any chance this is just a temporary output display glitch that will somehow actually produce a usable video when complete?

2 Likes

Yep, just abort. The image I showed was from the output file.

Hey, I’m not sure if this has been asked before: previews, both source and target files are always pixelated with version 3, version 2.6.4 didn’t have this problem. Is it like that for everyone or is it only me?

I found a work-around to the Stabilization processing failure:

If you use Trim and process smaller portions of the video, Stabilization will work without producing a blurry color result. I don’t know what the limit is on trimmed video length, but in my test, I trimmed a 55 minute video to a 5 minute section and it was able to successfully process Stabilization without error.

3 Likes

I’m back with a comparison.
This time between versions 2.4.0 and 3.0.9 in terms of performance.
Tested on proteus model, video input resolution 1560x1080 (46 minutes), output resolution 3120x2160.
Version 3.0.9 finished upscaling in 5h42m.
Version 2.4.0 finished upscaling in 3h34m.
Tested on Ryzen 7950X+RTX4090.

5 Likes

Does anyone else notice that there’s a smoother motion result with Chronos Fast vs Apollo? That’s my findings anyway.

Thanks for this testing. :heart: If trimming ‘solves’ it, then some buffers must be seriously overflowing somewhere along the line. I hope the devs are seeing this.

Useing win 10 and .mp4 or mkv. Same goes when I run it through handbreak and compress it to H.265 mkv or mp4.

You need to install ‘HEVC Video Extensions’ from the MS store to see h265 thumbnails in Windows 10. They used to have a free version available but it seems to be gone now.

1 Like

Except the dev said:

So, facial refinement with today’s hardware IS feasible, and should be at the top of the priority list.

Why? Because faces, unlike any other object in a fillm, stick out like a sore thumb when botched. You can somewhat overblur a wall, or not exactly get its wallpaper pattern right: nobody cares. But when a face gets mangled, and gets that patented TVAI ‘goldfish-skin glow treatment,’ our brains freak out on it, and we feel we need to abort the entire process, and count the render attempt as a failure.

8 Likes

Well then let’s hope we don’t get a 5 or 10x slowdown from using it! I for one don’t want to wait weeks to process a few minutes of video!

5 Likes

I hate to say this but the v 3.xx is a total disappointment !
The new interface is confusing as hell. Why do you waste my time having to puzzle out how to use it when i was totally comfortable with the v 2.xx interface.
1 Worst yet, failing to keep same defaults as other Topaz AI programs - I cannot have OUTPUT FILE go in same place as the SOURCE, Sure not everyone may want this, but give us the OPTION.

2 How the hell do I save anything ? I can’t even see the results of the Preview.
3 The TRIM is the worst piece of crap feature. The previous 2.xx version worked really well
This new crap forces me to find the beginning point twice ? Whose dumb idea was this ?
Put the back old interface it was FINE.

I should ask for a REFUND, I find this new version totally UNUSABLE.

4 Likes

It would be fine if more features were added, but I would like to see development resources allocated for features that are not usable, so that maintenance of necessary features will not be delayed.

1 Like

Then you haven’t tried motion prediction yet, have you? :joy:

I personally expect improvements to go both ways: doing existing stuff better + adding new features on the one hand, and optimizing for speed on the other. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hey guys, Is there a bug in this program?
I open topaz video AI today (3.0.9)
Then the video playback speed in topaz video AI is wrong, all of the video I import video’s playback speed become so slow
When I use window media to play these video, their playback speed is normal
What’s going on of Topaz Video AI? I never seen this bug in older version! This bug even make my export become slow too!

This is the example (GIF)
GIF

Are there plans to be able to export to AV1 in 10/12 bits?
8 bit is so useless…

1 Like

Wait, TVAI’s implementation of AV1 only does 8-bit? That’s silly. Any professional (intermediate) output starts at 10 bit, these days.

1 Like

To wit, a 360p youtube vid of a bit of classical music:

Look at her! She looks like a mentally challenged idiot. Granted, this is a zoom within an already low-res vid; but, as others have said before me, in cases like this, please ask TVAI not to be a smart-aleck, and to not make her look like one of Ripley’s failed experiments in Aliens. Because this was scary!

EDIT: Or this beauty:

Or this:

3 Likes

You can set the output folder to anything you want under preferences, the default ‘.’ means same directory as input:

2 Likes