Topaz Video AI v3.0.6

That would sure make it easier… Technically with the trim functionality you can start to do that, but the way you described it sounds so much easier and more doable.

Some inner enemy has corrupted the most valuable model “Proteus Relative to Auto”.
User corrections have almost no effect on the result.
“ADD NOISE” and “Grain” show up at values above 10.
Shame on you!

I did. Doesn’t seem I made the cut either. :slight_smile: Oh well. Point being, customers would love to be in the loop too, of course.

Those files are heavy, try handbrake it to x265 and se if it still stuttering.

Do you get a better picture Q on main10 than ProResHQ?

I’ve never used ProResHQ

1 Like

i dont care about file size ( as in im after the highest quality and not the smallest file size). and yes, proress hq is the issue

I do care about file size when the ProRes 422 HQ output file is over 1 TeraByte, and TVAI begins a second pass (after the process is done), just to write the headers. On a normal SATA3, writing > 1 TB takes several hours. THAT does bother me.

then dont use it, use the other 17 options.

as far as i could understand its not a 2nd pass, its just muxing. because typically muxing is far quicker than a 2nd pass. if it was doing a 2nd pass you would be ,looking at possible same time or 1/2 the time the first pass did. so in my case would be a further day or 2.

and im using nvme’s

what bothers me is that its only prores 422 hq that has a major playback issue on export

either way, im finding you still have the upscale just to get the setting to work

LOL. There’s nothing to mux, bro (as I don’t let TVAI process audio. And it really is a second pass, just not the same as the first pass (it’s adding the .mov headers, as I explained). Oh, and the issue is confirmed by Support, thank you.

Also, what other 17 options? As I recall someone recently saying ‘in im after the highest quality.’ That ring a bell?

well, if we are goign down the " remind you" part. you are the one that jumped onto my issue and my commnet… so if you have an issue deal with it whilst not attaching one self to another which then confuses matters.

sadly there isnt a single version of this software where they have dealt with the absoloute basics. and sadly each update they just keep seemingly ignoring them.

for me prores 422 hq has a major issue. now that could be their coding or the prores itself thats an issue.

personally i want the highest quality, which means as uncompressed as it can be, which so far is the prores 422hq

why? becuase i need to do further work with the software and you dont want to do further work with a compressed file.

1 Like

No need to be so defensive about it. :slight_smile: And our issues really ARE related: you said you liked ProRes for the highest quality, and I responded saying I use ProRes for the same reason, but could nonetheless do without the 2-hour long second pass.

And on this I fully agree. ProRes is vital to me, and issues with it need to be resolved. (An engineer told me they are actually working on getting rid of that 2nd pass; when remains a question, as per usual).

then i would kindly request that you cut the attitude.

Why are you cruising for a fight? I friendly replied to a post of yours, saying you want ProRes 422 HQ, to which I apparently had the ‘audicity’ to reply, and say I prefer ProRes too, and mentioned what my issue with ProRes is. That is how this thread works; there are no separate threads here to hijack: we all just respond to each other, in this single thread, depending on how much we can relate to an issue.

1 Like

At Microsoft, all users are beta testers on a living organism. I can assure you they release a lot more buggy software than topaz. The problem of scale - more software = more bugs. There are no perfect software houses.

1 Like

no need to tell, i know it very well lol. worst, i’m in the beta insider channel lol.
Grettings :wink:

Meime, what is that second pass? does all got stutter in Topaz ProRes Hq?

TVAI will first write a file, like

test_137967225_tvai.mov

That file can’t be opened yet. TVAI will then proceed to write a second file, when main processing is done, called like:

test_971558344_prob3.mov

Since it has ‘prob’ (problem?) in the name, I first assumed it was recreating the original, while checking it for problems. From what support told me, this second pass has more to do with writing the mov headers afterwards.

When the 2nd file is finally done too, the first gets deleted.

N.B. These files are an average of 600G - 1T in length, each.

2 Likes
 8bit Legal Level(TV range)  16 -  235  (220)
 8bit Data  Level(PC range)   0 -  255  (256)
10bit Legal Level(TV range)  64 -  940  (877)
10bit Data  Level(PC range)   0 - 1023 (1024)
12bit Legal Level(TV range) 256 - 3760 (3504)
12bit Data  Level(PC range)   0 - 4095 (4096)

I found a page that compares Apple Encoder and FFMPEG (prores_ks) for ProRes.

Apple Encoder supports PC range and 12bit encoding, while FFMPEG only supports encoding up to 10bit in TV range.
As for decoding, it supports PC range and 12bit.

Hopefully, with Apple’s support, the Win version will have a full-featured ProRes encoder.

2 Likes

I wanted to add a suggestion for the team, can anyone direct me to where I can do this?
The suggestion is if they can add an advanced noise remover, which would have green, red, or blue noise around the footage. This would help greatly.