Topaz Video AI v3.0.5

Help me
i am a regular user

Because on my pc the last version of early (v3.0.0-XX) is suitable
Could someone please give it to me?
Unfortunately I deleted it.

You can find it easily. Click on the Topaz logo on the top left of this page, then you will see the link for Topaz Video AI. When you click it, you will see the whole list of releases.

2 Likes

You can achieve this in FFMPEG all in one hit, here’s a more complete example with audio too (needs same length videos):

Inputs:
vf_tvai.mkv = upscaled video, wrong audio (f=foreign, e=english), no subs - say from tvai.
vfesss.mkv = original video, wrong audio, correct audio, foreign subs x2 then eng subs

Command (doesn’t need Topaz’s version of FFMPEG):

ffmpeg -i vf_tvai.mkv -i vfesss.mkv -shortest -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -map 1:5 -codec copy output.mkv

output.mkv = video from first file, english audio and english subs from 2nd file, no re-encoding

You can use mediainfo in Windows to check which stream is which, or play in something like vlc and count streams down the menus. Usually video is 0, audio is 1, 2 … then subs are next free ones. First input file is 0, then 1, etc.
If you change the output file’s extension (e.g. to .mp4) it will put it in that container (but .mkv is probably the best if subs are involved).

1 Like

Great. BUT why my Sharpen AI and Video Enhance AI 2.6.4 hasn’t the same issue?

They just changed the authentication scheme in the beta to browser based so I would expect to see it in the 3.0.6 release - hopefully that solves your issues.

3.0.5 DDV3 model.
Such lines in many places:
armitage
source - Armitage Dual Matrix DVD

It’s definitely supported by windows. I’ve never had trouble playing nor editing prores on windows. Idk where you got that info from.

in 4k the sample works as it should, but when you rendcer /export the full file, its horrible.

and whats worse , when doing it in 8k, i can only assume that theres an issue with the coding, because even the sampling has playback issues and even gives a flicking green screen. and some players have an issue playing it at all.

and sadly, i think i said it before. for this setting of anti, you seem to HAVE to upscale it for it to actually take affect. which means when you load up the recent exported file, you then have to go to 8k.

also i wish as the user, we could have full control over the settings of the encoder.

also im not exactly running with an old system. and yet when im rendering for the export, im only ever getting around 0.7fps

I think it would be nice if the app recorded and displayed a simple log of your conversions. I’m constantly wanting to look them up later after they have been converted and didn’t save the data. Could there not just be a simple text log that you can reference and re-import/copy/paste settings back in? Would be really clutch. Unless I’m missing something and this exists, I’m surprised it does not. I’m a new customer and this was the first thing I looked for and have had at least 3 times in the first month where this would have “saved me.”

1 Like

I copied the line in the .json and pasted and changed the setting to “os”: “windows”,
and removed the line from the copy that was about the os version (since other windows lines didn’t have that).

Since doing that I can select “ProRes 4444 XQ” in Topaz Video AI (and I can use the ProRes 4444 codec in After Effects so it shows there’s nothing wrong with the codec) but when I press export in Topaz Video AI (in windows) it says “command error” in the interface on the far right of the video file name. It doesn’t show what the problem command was.

If I select “ProRes 422 HQ” for the codec in Topaz Video AI (in windows 10) then export then it starts exporting okay.

This is what I added to the encoders.json file (by copying and changing a bit the Mac section for it):

{
    "text": "ProRes 4444XQ",
    "encoder": "-c:v prores_videotoolbox -profile:v xq -pix_fmt p416le -allow_sw 1",
    "ext": [
      "mov"
    ],
    "transcode": "aac",
    "os": "windows",
    "minSize": [2,2],
    "maxSize": [15360,8640],
    "doNotScaleFullColorRange": "always"
  },

edit: maybe I should try changing “prores_videotoolbox” to “prores_ks” as it says “prores_ks” in some of the windows ones.
edit: I tried changing that to “prores_ks” and that still gave the “command error” after restarting Topaz Video AI and after changing that and reselecting “export” of the ProRes 4444XQ encoder.

thank you for your reply

I checked the product release page

but it’s not on that page

the link i have is deleted
https://community.topazlabs.com/t/topaz-video-ai-early-access-v3-0-0-0/33949/5

i forgot the last version
The name should be TopazVideoAI-3.0.0-XX.msi

ffmpeg -h encoder=prores_ks

Encoder prores_ks [Apple ProRes (iCodec Pro)]:
    General capabilities: threads 
    Threading capabilities: frame and slice
    Supported pixel formats: yuv422p10le yuv444p10le yuva444p10le
ProRes encoder AVOptions:
  -mbs_per_slice     <int>        E..V....... macroblocks per slice (from 1 to 8) (default 8)
  -profile           <int>        E..V....... (from -1 to 5) (default auto)
     auto            -1           E..V.......
     proxy           0            E..V.......
     lt              1            E..V.......
     standard        2            E..V.......
     hq              3            E..V.......
     4444            4            E..V.......
     4444xq          5            E..V.......
  -vendor            <string>     E..V....... vendor ID (default "Lavc")
  -bits_per_mb       <int>        E..V....... desired bits per macroblock (from 0 to 8192) (default 0)
  -quant_mat         <int>        E..V....... quantiser matrix (from -1 to 6) (default auto)
     auto            -1           E..V.......
     proxy           0            E..V.......
     lt              2            E..V.......
     standard        3            E..V.......
     hq              4            E..V.......
     default         6            E..V.......
  -alpha_bits        <int>        E..V....... bits for alpha plane (from 0 to 16) (default 16)

prores_ks only supports the pixel formats yuv422p10le (YUV 4:2:2 10bit), yuv444p10le (YUV 4:4:4 10bit) and yuva444p10le (YUVA 4:4:4 10bit).
I think you are getting an error because you are inputting in p416le(YUV 4:4:4, 16bit).

Prores_ks only supports up to 10-bit input, so 422HQ is the best option unless you want YUV444,YUVA444.

1 Like

Thanks. So in encoders.json what should be in the thing that I need to paste into it for Topaz Video AI to work for exporting with the ProRes 4444 codec in Windows 10 (instead of what was in the version I showed in my last post)?

note: if I input a video that has an alpha channel I’d like it to also output video with the alpha channel - upscaled, if the input video doesn’t have an alpha channel then the output video shouldn’t have one either).

Sometimes I want to output ProRes with the highest colour accuracy (and sometimes because it can store alpha channels) that’s why I sometimes want to use ProRes 4444 instead of ProRes 420.

{
    "text": "ProRes 4444 (YUV4:4:4 10bit)",
    "encoder": "-c:v prores_ks -profile:v 4 -vendor apl0 -bits_per_mb 8000 -pix_fmt yuv444p10le",
      "mov"
    ],
    "os": "windows",
    "minSize": [1,1],
    "maxSize": [16255,16255],
    "maxBitDepth": 10,
    "doNotScaleFullColorRange": "transcode"
  },

Prores 4444(YUV 4:4:4 10bit).

TVAI currently cannot handle alpha channels.
It is converted to rgb48le (RGB 16bit) at the internal of veai_up filter, but the alpha channel is cut off in the process.
It would be nice to be able to convert YUVA to RGBA and process the RGB channel and alpha channel respectively…

2 Likes

You would need to have ‘beta tester’ status to see that particular link. You can apply for it on this forum by messaging Ida Patton.

1 Like

Interlaced or progressive original video? That might be the key. Perhaps, the original video was poorly deinterlaced, and Topaz sharpening is bringing out the interlace lines as artifacts.

3 Likes

You just don’t change the “os”, it’s not the same command lines arguments for Windows

You should have something like this

{
    "text": "ProRes 4444XQ",
    "encoder": "-c:v prores_ks -profile:v 5 -pix_fmt yuv444p12le",
      "mov"
    ],
    "os": "windows"
    "minSize": [2,2],
    "maxSize": [15360,8640],
    "doNotScaleFullColorRange": "always"
  },

don’t know if having -vendor apl0 changes something

1 Like

As mentioned above, prores_ks only supports 10-bit (yuv422p10le yuv444p10le yuva444p10le), so setting yuv444p12le will automatically convert to yuv444p10le.
The following FFMPEG warning message would be in the log.

Incompatible pixel format 'yuv444p12le' for codec 'prores_ks', auto-selecting format 'yuv444p10le'

Thanks for the reply. Let’s hope we can move forward to ‘better than 2.6.4’ in the New Year.

3 Likes

Thanks. That rendered and looking at MediaInfo it showed it as ProRes 4444 but when I loaded it into After Effects CC2023 it showed it as Apple ProRes 422.

Maybe it’s the profile parameter that needs changing.

Thanks. I’ll try that one.

edit: That rendered too thanks. MediaInfo also says that’s ProRes 4444 but again when I load it into After Effects it says it’s ProRes 422. Maybe it could be a bug in After Effects where it’s showing the info for it wrong. Though it shows it okay if I render a test clip with After Effects with the codec set to ProRes 4444 and then load it back into the project (it shows that as ProRes 4444).

One difference that MediaInfo shows between one created by After Effects and one output by Topaz Video AI with that ProRes 4444 option is in MediaInfo After Effect’s output file says:

Format : ProRes
Format version : Version 1

And Topaz Video AI’s output file says:
Format : ProRes
Format version : Version 0

So they’re outputting different versions of ProRes - maybe that’s what makes After Effects think the file is 422 instead of 4444.