Topaz Video AI v3.0.2

Based upon my experience with versions 3.0.x and all the comments on this forum, the software is not ready for production – it should be in beta testing – it is unlikely that it provides a consistently good user experience or consistently good performance for most users, certainly not non-technical users. It should go back to beta until it can do this. The exercise of attempting to use it has been frustrating, non-productive and a waste of my time.

4 Likes

Yes, you can say what you think - nobody said otherwise - but it’s against the rules to repeat it several times in different topics.

2 Likes

Was it in the rules? in this case I apologize, I had hardly noticed that it was written in the rules. Same for me, sorry.

Ok, so confirming all bugs (except update message as I didn’t do it via app) from 3.0.1 still persist. I am not going to copy paste the whole report as it was quite detailed with info.

If you are going to be lazy enough to not have an ongoing issues list and require me to retest myself to see if fixed, I will be lazy and you can go and find the previous posts if interested in fixing them.

8 Likes

I have Gigapixel AI and Video AI. It seems every version I’ve used over the past two years just gets slower and slower, even with hardware improvements.

Maybe a few performance releases are required rather than feature/UI change releases?

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’m just dumb or if the feature isn’t there anymore but I can’t find a way to get a continuous preview like in 2.6.4, where you see every frame being processed in realtime.

Another thing - when I stop processing, it doesn’t put the playhead on the last frame like it did in 2.6.4. This is an issue for me because I can’t leave my PC on all night for something to process fully, I used to just screenshot the exact time the playhead stopped on and just resume processing from there, and that’s seemingly not possible anymore.

Again, if these things can still be done in 3.0 and I just haven’t noticed how yet, I would be glad if someone could just tell me how.

Once again, when will we see better face refinement. Here an example: Input medium quality, Halo; AI model Artemis-Denoise/Sharpen

4 Likes

Yes and GAIA-HQ seems the more affected by this. outputs in V3 are more noisy and it’s chroma noise (the worse noise imo).
And with GAIA the motion inconstancy is even more pronounced.

Hi Karl - are you running into the error with any video input? It’d be helpful if you turn on Enable Detailed Logging in Preferences > Advanced, reproduce the error and send me the log file from Help > Logging > Get logs for support. Thank you.

Hi - please turn on “Enable Detailed Logging” in Preferences > Advanced, reproduce the error, and send me your log file from Help > Logging > Get Logs For Support. Thank you.

Hi - can you please send me the original video? You can send it through Dropbox. Thank you.

the continous live preview does not exist anymore. we hope to get something that comes close at least sooner or later. expected later. :eyes:

There has been a change in the minimum version of CUDA required for the NVENC encoders, so you need a driver meeting those requirements. We updated to a newer version of the encoders as we saw a performance increase, and it allows us to offer AV1 on 40 series cards.

You can run the app with a lower version such as 517, however any of the encoders with (NVIDIA) at the end won’t run.

4 Likes

Sorry
Did not mean to post to Martyprod direct.
Was trying to post to the people in charge.

1 Like

3.0.2 does not work better for me, so I will skip this version too. I mentioned my issues and wishes before so I will not disturb you with my thoughts again here. :slight_smile:

That dudes forehead looks like a case of the Vidiian Phage from Star Trek Voyager.

1 Like

The old way of trimming was perfect. I want a button to set the start point and I want a button to set the end point. I want to use arrow keys to move forward and backwards to find the frames that I want.

5 Likes

You have no idea how good face enhancement is now with the fuzzy before picture.
Now with the CSI level “enhancement” you can see that character was hit in the face with a burlap sack, which was not possible to be known before this version came out - prior it was just a strike to the face with a blunt object.

Kidding aside, it seems like faces get really messed up. reminds me of much earlier versions of Video Enhance. I’m lucky I don’t have anything I need to get done right now so I have only been doing testing, but I am finding the result frustrating with faces especially but also largely overall too.

4 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: only smilies are better

still having the problem with Desktop Window Manager eating up a lot of GPU processing power. I’m using an RTX 3080, and DWM is consistently using like 25-50% GPU while leaving what’s left to the 3080. Videos that used to take ~30 minutes to export on the pre-v3 versions now take about an hour.

one workaround is to minimize the software to the taskbar. that keeps DWM from using as much gpu, although doesn’t completely solve the problem. and of course then I’m unable to watch the preview.

EDIT: apparently it’s an issue with nvidia 522.25 drivers and HAGS. I turned HAGS off and rebooted, and boom problem solved

1 Like