Topaz Video AI v3.0.2

Hi, I’m brand new to this and only just started to use v. 3.0.2 yesterday, with varying success. ‘Processing Failed’ in Preview being a disappointment with one video.
How do I download 2.6.4 which most seem to prefer?

Thanks.

Windows
https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazVideoEnhanceAI/2.6.4/TopazVideoEnhanceAI-2.6.4-windows-x64-Full-Installer.exe

Mac
https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazVideoEnhanceAI/2.6.4/TopazVideoEnhanceAI-2.6.4-univ.dmg

2 Likes

What’s going on here?
Topaz sells this product for hard cash and we get a lot of bugs and many ‘retries’, bugs, instability etc…
WHY sell a product that is not even did a beta testing, because reading all comments here, this seems to be the case.

It’s slower than 2.6.4., more difficult to use, and really FULL of bugs!

WHEN is this product mature enough to be used by the users who pay for it?

4 Likes

True, we should change the title to ‘Not ready for primetime software tester’. :grin:

I’d give it a few more months, at least. Actually, it did have months of alpha and beta testing, but here we are.

Thanks for this my friend!

1 Like

Hi again, I’ve downloaded it but in the top left corner of the UI it has a ‘BUY’ logo. As I’ve paid for the latest version should the 2.6.4 version show as already purchased or do I have to register again. I sound such a newbie because I am :slight_smile:

just log in with your login data directly in the application. its in the pull down menus on the top.

2 Likes

Thanks again… sorted!

1 Like

Is this released product being sold to customers not knowing it functions properly?

For the sanity of new people, sell 2.6.4 and label version 3 as an experimental version.

Version 3 could hurt the reputation of this company. It doesn’t make sense to advertise a product that is not worthy of being sold yet.

It appears to me that there is another issue behind all of this as it does not make sense when 2.6.4 was for the most part, fully functional.

This we will never know.

5 Likes

Many people say that the problem will come from the change of the VEAI team that it all went to shambles. It’s not me who says it, but quite a few people on this forum. After me I didn’t know the old team, so I can’t judge if the old VEAI team was better than the current one. But personally, yes 2.6.4 will always be the best version for now.

4 Likes

What I meant was the transition from analog to digital broadcasting also caused the encoding standards to evolve again.

Is there any way to download all of the AI models at once? I have slow rural internet service (7.7Mbps on a good day) and if I could just download the models at a convenient time, rather than waiting when I need to start processing a video, it would be very helpful to my productivity. I started to process a video nearly 10 minutes ago, and I’m still waiting for the AI model download to complete, can’t do a thing yet.

3 Likes

Anyone got their license extended after the beta testing? Kinda feel like I wasted my time on testing the 3.0 betas.

2 Likes

Please contact ida from topazlabs to get help in this regard. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Preview doesn’t work anymore in v 3.0.2 (VEAI crashes while trying to preview a rendering).

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me then! Can’t understand why the pizza’s taken out of the oven before it’s cooked :grimacing:

6 Likes

Here’s to hoping v3.0.3 solves at least one of the big issues! Maybe I’ve said it before, but I really like the weekly updates. I’m sure holidays will slow that down, but hopefully it will get to where people aren’t hurting for improvements before then.

4 Likes

I would greatly appreciate a hot fix for the faulty preview. Even testing the application with almost no preview is a real disaster. :eyes:

I noticed that the Chronos slow motion after processing did not run properly. It had an interval in which the play stopped repeatedly.

edit: I noticed that the original footage had the same issue so it was not a mistake by ve ai per se. would be nice if chronos could correct it.

2 Likes

A new release is now available: Topaz Video AI v3.0.3