Topaz Video AI v3.0.12

Hello,

since installing my new graphics card Intel Arc A770 8GB I have the following problems:

• H265 Main10 Bitrate selection has no effect, a very low bit rate below 15 Mb/s is the output.

• At the same time, only one process is possible. Starting the program twice works, but when you start the second process, it brings the first process to a standstill.

• Another problem I have: One in 10 videos ends after converting with the following error message:
    Last FFmpeg messages:
    st: 0 edit list: 1 Missing key frame while searching for timestamp: 0
    st: 0 edit list 1 Cannot find an index entry before timestamp: 0.
    deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly

I only use the PC for rendering. Already tryed to install Windows from new. Nothing helps. Got the latest version v3.0.12.

(Win11, Ryzen 5500, 16 GB 3200 MHz Ram, SSD storage)

Thanks

Stabilize AI doesn’t work and my log files are too large to send
0/2 completes, but then 1/2 fails
Last FFmpeg messages:

auto-inserting filter ‘auto_scale_2’ between the filter ‘Parsed_colorspace_1’ and the filter ‘format’

query_formats: 5 queried, 4 merged, 3 already done, 0 delayed

picking yuv444p12le out of 12 ref:bgr48le alpha:0

Decoded frame with POC 8.

Decoded frame with POC 9.

Decoded frame with POC 6.

Decoded frame with POC 7.

w:1216 h:2160 fmt:yuv420p10le sar:1/1 → w:1216 h:2160 fmt:bgr48le sar:1/1 flags:0x0

Decoded frame with POC 15.

Decoded frame with POC 13.

2023-01-14 22-28-32 Thread: 8408 Info model dir path from env VEAI_MODEL_DIR and VEAI_MODEL_DATA_DIR “C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\models” “C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\models\”

Decoded frame with POC 14.

2023-01-14 22-28-32 Thread: 8408 Info File Fetcher setting localDirPath to “C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\models\”

Decoded frame with POC 11.

Decoded frame with POC 12.

Decoded frame with POC 19.

Decoded frame with POC 17.

Output size set to: 1216 2160

Here Config props model with params: stx ref-2 1 -1 1 1 1216 2160 0.000011 30.000000

2023-01-14 22-28-32 Thread: 8408 Info RF DOF ( 0 ) : 1

You can zip the log and upload it to the drop box link in the first post. Unless it’s too big for that too…

Wrong guess, that was the first thing I did. After the error had happened the first time.

I tried it now a lot of times. It still has the same effect, whatever I set the paths to, etc. doesn’t work.
The only thing left now is also deleting the models and reinstalling them again.
But this is not really good.

Even the shortest videos of some seconds it tells me that it would run out of space.

Installed it yesterday. Still getting the grids on the old reels of film I had digitized to 4K. Sent off an email to the rep I was messaging. So, working on some of the SD stuff. Seems to be going a lot slower than usual. Just a basic X2 which is roughly 720p on a project was taking forever to render. I ended up closing out of it.

Can confirm my app no longer crashes at 99%! Additionally, because I did not see this in the notes, the initial video browsing, you know the slider to skip around in your video, used to take 3-15 seconds to show the image when I would move the slider, it is now nearly instant. It slows down again when I apply any changes to filters etc… but the initial is super fast now! Speed also seems to be about 0.1 fps faster for me now as well.

1 Like

That’s broken then. I have mine set to an 8TB drive. I only do PNG output. Not sure if that makes a difference. I just know ProRez seems want to make temporary files on drive C… back in version 3.0.3 or before. I haven’t tried it since then, but others sound like it’s been fixed.

1 Like

OH a bug !!!

second ore more audio track in a mp4-file would not be copied with Video Ai if you choose “copy”
→ you should write not only “-c:a” “copy” write → “-map” “0” “-c:a” “copy” :wink:

and for speed may a hint:
in ffmpeg protocol is written “no acceleration colorspace …”

I vastly underestimated the deflatable data in the log, here’s the zipped result, which also contains a log produced after the previously mentioned failure.
2023-01-14-22-23-49-Main.zip (1.9 MB)
Addendum: The source of the issue was the “Temp” folder being placed somewhere inside the installation folder (I don’t know what the default was) so I moved it into a folder close to the root of my drive, one without any elevated permissions.

I played with Flowframes and had great success on the first video I tried with it, but it failed completely on the second (1 1/2 hour) I tried. The frames aren’t consistent where the duplicates happen, but it claimed to remove duplicates and supposedly will replace them with interpolated frames. Still not what what I want. In my case, it was a 25 fps that was converted to 29.97 and it sticks in a few dup frames each second. I just want to remove them and convert it back to 25 fps so I can then process it using Topaz to whatever frame rate we want.

When i try to browse .png video frame snapshot i receive this error:

“Error loading 1 file”

The system is Win10_64

Whilst I love your products and have many of them, one of the most annoying things about ALL Topaz products is the update process. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make it more slick!

An update to an incremental version shouldn’t mean downloading the whole product and reinstalling it from scratch again. It should simply be downloading components that have changed. If Microsoft used your methods, we’d be reinstalling Windows for each patch release!

The other annoying thing is that by reinstalling the whole product, it gets removed from people’s Start menus and so it has to be added once again by finding it and then clicking Pin to Start and then dragging it to the preferred part of the start menu. This is not a good customer experience.

2 Likes

Well poo… one worked, the second movie I tried, which oddly went SUPER FAST… like 2fps fast when I normally get .6-.8.
The movie that was super fast, also crashed at 99%, shows the crashpad_handler.exe and all.

Keep it up guys, each release it gets better and better and better!

To be fair, all the major video software I use requires a full download for each new version, even minor updates. The difference in this case is that there’s a new update every week - because it’s still in effect beta software. The (relatively) stable version is of course 2.6.4, which seems to have been abandoned but is still available to download and use, and works albeit somewhat differently.

Topaz do remove and restore shortcuts, or leave them alone, at least in my case (Win 10) with my desktop shortcut so that’s a possible workaround for you?

Tried a shot of B-Roll I shot back in 2021. Stabilized it to 100% and tried 4K output from 1080p. Gave me the grids in my shot. However removing the 4K output worked. I am thankful for that. I was starting to think my specific content in question was cursed. Gave it a second round of stabilization in Vegas. Generally don’t like their stabilization but, I think it helped this time.

My only suggestion is if we can pin point a specific spot that can be stabilization point. Like in the shot, we see that the poles and the car is stationary in the shot. I think the stabilization could be better.

Before:

After:

Can someone help me, i make a test between 3060ti and 4080.
Same video same setting and output
3060ti 0.9fps/sec, 4080 0.9fps/sec too…

Can someone tell me why 4080 sucks??

2 Likes

image’’

1440*1920 30fps 8sec original video
enhance to 4K60fps wth h265 mkv

What storage drive?

SSD KC3000

and the biggest problem is the version of. 2.6.3 is actually faster then this version (2.7 frame per sec)

1 Like