Topaz Video AI v3.0.0

Frame by frame preview is coming, keep an eye out for a new patch with release notes that indicate this change

3 Likes

This new versionā€™s pretty good so far!

Everythingā€™s running smooth on my i7 10th Gen +2060 SUPER setup. There are some growing pains, of course, like some of the tooltips not appearing or some slowdown when switching between options, but all in all itā€™s a good (re)start.

The only thing I donā€™t really like is the new trimming tool. Itā€™s a bit hard to use, especially when used on movie-length footage (Iā€™m talking 1hr+, 2hr+!)

The carried-over ability to input timecodes for trimming is nice, but Iā€™d much rather use the built-in 2.6.4 way of clickable buttons that place start/end markers on the video timeline for trims. Those were especially handy for projects that required me to use multiple small pieces of footage from one long video file.

5 Likes

Ida, this issue was written on the EA and beta , but not here on the 3.0.0 ! maybe best would be to add it to the list for the ones who didnā€™t tested the beta or EA before ?

Thank you! Based on your input it looks like you may want to adjust your Preferences

2 Likes

Can you please make sure you are using the same encoder and settings? Also, please double-check your Preferences and set your memory usage accordingly.

For the time being, you will want to preview each model in order to download them for offline use. We will be adding a model download tool that will make this a much faster and more seamless exp.

1 Like

Can you please upload the video as well as your logs?

You can securely submit your image(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit File to Dropbox

To gather logs, please select Help > File Logging > Gather Logs for Support and attach the zip file to your reply

Hello Ida, of course I can just choose another preview mode by default but then that one will appear always. It would be great if the application just remembers the mode that was used last and then to use it again on the next preview! edit: I experience a messed up video when I try to correct a rolling shutter effect today. :eyes:

Can you please share your logs for the first issue?

All of the same models are in this app, however, the UI is different here. Which model are you looking for?

Yes, the enhance model is used to Upscale. The lock is letting you know that the enhance model is being applied and that you cannot upscale without an enhance model chosen, however, you can change the enhance model selection by clicking on the drop down menu.

Ah good catch!!!

1 Like

If this is only occurring with a specific video, can you also upload the video file? You can securely submit your files(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit File to Dropbox

Was the file you shared with me the original input or the output?

I tried to upload the source file to the dropbox but I think the upload did not complete.

1 Like

Will there be any plan to support TensorRT for Frame Interpolatin models?

Iā€™m using RTX 3090 and now processing with Proteus got much faster since TensorRT being supported.

On the othe hand, Chronos(including fast)/Apollo felt extremely slow.
It doesnā€™t seem like these models are utilizing my CPU and GPU as much as Proteus does.

But quality-wise these models are way better than 2.6.4 models as far as Iā€™ve tested. I hope TensorRT being implemented into these models too.

2 Likes

Capture

Perfect! Thank you for adding this option.

The colour-shifting I kept pestering you about is gone. FANTASTIC!

:+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

done!

Thank you VERY much for this incredible update! The app interface is much cleaner.

My only note: this new version seems significantly slower than 2.6. Do you anticipate thisā€™ll get better in coming patches/fixes?

Iā€™m on an M1 Pro.

1 Like

A public release?

Already? With as many outstanding issues that still exist?

Wow.

Just, wow.

7 Likes

Fist ā€œlittleā€ bug:

If i click on ā€œHelpā€ > ā€œGive Feedbackā€ā€¦ the page that is opened is this:

Latest Video Enhance AI Beta Testing/Topaz Video AI Early Access topics - Topaz Discussion Forum (topazlabs.com)

I would say the link needs to be updated! :grin:

3 Likes

Preview Glitch in split screen or double screen : - Deinterlacing Problem???

1 Like