Topaz Video AI 4.0?

Has there been any update on when we’ll be able to grab 4.0? I’m not getting any notification to update in software (currently on 3.5.4).

1 Like

I don’t understand why people are so eager to download the new version.

As always version 0 are usually full of bugs and problems.

Why not just wait a few days or weeks until most of the common bugs are fixed ?

2 Likes

When I purchased pre-order, it was advertised as being available by this date. If release dates are flexible, company should not claim a release date. As a pre-order customer, do I have access to older versions or am I now stuck waiting?

Don’t worry, I’m sure Version 4 will be released very soon, possibly within next few hours.

A new software release is fun like Christmas morning for a lot of us. You’re welcome to stick with the toys you got last year, but plenty of us want to play with some new ones even if they don’t always work well. And some of us are looking for fixes for specific issues with the current offering.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that testing new software is fun for beta testers.

However, every time a new version is released, the forum is flooded with complaint posts. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

People who pre-ordered version 4 cannot use any version as we won’t be able to activate it. So if version 4 doesn’t come out, we can’t use the product at all. That is why.

Lets fix our old toys rather than spray painting all over old rusty ones.

What is 4.0 supposed to “fix”? I haven’t seen an acknowledgement of many of the current issues let alone a promise to fix any of them.

2 Likes

Eager to start ranting and flaming the devs no doubt!

4 Likes

Feeling let down 4.0 is not out yet was excited to try it out today but nah still waiting won’t be surprised if it comes out a few minutes before midnight. Im in the EST time zone

The number of issues that remain unaddressed in 3.x is worrisome. If they are being ignored, that’s a problem. If some of the code is being rewritten to address them in 4.x, a statement to that effect would be good. Right now the product gives the appearance that engineering and quality control have taken a back seat to marketing.

5 Likes

@alan.burns Agreed. I assume they have to do these marketing strategies to try and grow their brand. Not too worried about it, since thankfully they didn’t lock these few 4.0 features behind some weird paywall. We are just moving forward with our current sub, so no harm no foul, as long as we at least some improvement, even if just marginal. Furthermore, if it gains a few extras subs by marketing angle, that is better for more success for Topazlabs. Time will tell on all this though.

Has there been any comments related to if 3.x stops, and devs are fully committed to 4.x? I assume that is the case, basically 3.5.4 becomes like 2.6.4 tonight, and we are moving forward into the future with the wind whipping through our hair. 5 or 6 more hours of the 17th
let’s go!!!

1 Like

My point exactly.

Pre-order here. I got my email about an hour ago saying it was available, but it didn’t show on my account. Turns out there’s a specific link in the email to download
 but it’s 3.5.4?
Not sure what’s going on.

I got an email saying that I can download my Topaz Video Ai 4 Pre-Order, but the download link gives me 3.5.4 versionm, how come? I don’t want to install or activate 3.5.4 I am afraid by that I will risk my upgrade extension for the pre-order.

Maybe tbh, but it’s a bit unprofessional that they didn’t gave an exact time when it’s going to be released

In Addition, in my time now it’s 18th of October, 4 AM. So 
 still waiting for the release to download and process a video then sleep 

2 Likes

Someone was saying the 3.5.4 was 4.0.0 on reddit. Not sure if that means the new one is labeled as 3.5.4 for new subs, or not. I may have read it incorrectly. I assume they are just mistaken. I am current subscriber and I open 3.5.4, and it doesn’t go to a new version for download. Just going to wait it out till bedtime

they are mistaken because the 3.54 is the same old layout so its definitly not 4.0

1 Like

3.5.4 is definitely NOT 4.0, and 4.0 is definitely NOT available for download yet.
Once we pass 12am Eastern, I’d consider this launch announcement a fail.
As someone who’s worked on software launches, it’s never a good look to promise something with that level of fanfare, especially when said launch was used as a way to sell more software, and then not deliver on time.
3-ish hours to go before we find out which bucket to put this launch into!

2 Likes