Topaz VEAI freezes for a few seconds after opening it

This has been happening to me for more than half a year now, I’m fed up and that’s why I’m making this thread, does it happen to anyone else?

PS: No matter the status of the program, if it is a new installation, there are still freezes. I have reinstalled Windows 10 about 4 times this year and as soon as I installed the program I had these freezes at the beginning.

1 Like

Yep that’s normal. It freezes while it initializes. I imagine that’s because it’s waiting for an internet response for logging in.
Usually I can get in, open the browse window, then I have to wait for it to unfreeze to actually select a file to open.

1 Like

This is not normal, I have other Topaz programmes and this does not happen.

Yeah it calls home when you open it. It didn’t always i think it started around 2.6.3

Mine has been freezing to white screen right after opening it. Started about 2 months ago, haven’t got it to work since. I basically throw my money away on this program. I have re-install the program, use revo to remove everything each time, re-installed my GPU driver and a fresh install. Updated everything as well. I’ve change the setting in windows to use Nvidia card and not intel. No luck no matter what I do. It did work for like one month and thats about it.

Specs: NVidia RTX 2080, Intel I7 10th gen, 32 GB of ram, 2 Tb NVMe. I doubt its the hardware…