Topaz Simplify Plug in Completely Broken now!

My Topaz Simplify was working perfectly as a plugin with ACDsee Ultimate 2018, and Photoshop cc2015 until today. Now the interface for simplify comes up correctly, but as soon as I click on any of the presets it bounces back to the host application. With PS2015 Studio comes up and then bounces. Will I be able to still use Simplify as a Plugin? Is there a fix?

1 Like

Legacy Simplify (plug-in) has no cloud aspect so something has to have changed on your machine…Simplify is still working on my machine from Affinity Photo.

That usually means you have duplicate preset names. When updating presets save under a different name rather than using the same name.

On Windows go to this directory:

%localappdata%\Topaz Labs\Topaz Simplify 4\Presets , type the string into the explorer search bar as you see it and press enter.

• then delete the TopazPresetsDB file in that folder
  • then find the duplicates in the various sub-folders and delete all duplicates (keep one of each)

Start the app again and you are good to go. It will rebuild the presets the first time you use it.

If you are on Mac locate the folder using this article:

https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/200129096-Where-does-the-software-install-to-

2 Likes

Yes - Deleting the TopazPresetDB file fixed it. THX!

2 Likes